Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback DB9

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Diamondback DB9

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post

if you're holding on to your db9 as an investment, maybe it's woth $400+ to felons who can't purchase them for $200 on gunbroker. you're the icp fan & would have more firsthand knowledge about that than anyone else here.
    Btw FUCK YOU for attempting to imply, that I'm a felon or criminal in any way, or that I am associated with or have any interest in commiting federal firearms offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Btw FUCK YOU for attempting to imply, that I'm a felon or criminal in any way, or that I am associated with or have any interest in commiting federal firearms offenses.

(Bucks County)

Here's my two cents on the subject. The DB is very concealable. The DB is not very pleasurable to practice with. The little MF'f bites.
    The DB is unpredictable.
    The question we all have to ask ourselves is would I trust my life to this gun. If you'ld trust your life and the life of family members to a DB, god bless you. It has a place in a collection, but that's about it.
    You can cheap out on a lot of things, your EDC is not one of them.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Here's my two cents on the subject. The DB is very concealable. The DB is not very pleasurable to practice with. The little MF'f bites.
    The DB is unpredictable.
    The question we all have to ask ourselves is would I trust my life to this gun. If you'ld trust your life and the life of family members to a DB, god bless you. It has a place in a collection, but that's about it.
    You can cheap out on a lot of things, your EDC is not one of them.
    This definitely isnt a hand me down kinda gun, but more something just to hold me over for the time being if i get one that functions well.
    At most, I'd only ever need it to get me back to my car, is it's pretty much only going to be carried when wearing shorts or if I hop on my motorcycle.
    I'd love to get a s&w BG380 or a Sig 9mm. Maybe in the future. But for today, I need something very concealable and I'm trying to consolidate down to as few calibers as possible especially between carry pieces.

I won't know how much trust I can have in it until I own one and have my own experience with it. I have meat mitts so it will without a doubt give me some snake bites lol wonder if that's why they named the company diamondback? Lol
    It seems the bulk majority of the bad reviews are from the old 2 pin trigger version and not the new 3 pin. Almost all the complaints about dead triggers are related to another roll pin that needs flared like the video back on page 1.

I'm thinking of checking out the Leigh defense full copper ammo as carry ammo for the db9 when I get one. They have 90grn and 115grn I believe it is, with great test results out of small/micro 9mm guns.
    Last edited by icp4life162005; February 2nd, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

My 2 cents.... get a lc9. They are about the same price the lc9 is slightly larger but much less painful to shoot. I have a lc9 and a db9 I wont let my girl carry the db9 because it WILL jam if limp wristed at all. If you get a lc9 now you can you could give it to your girl when you upgrade.

(Bucks County)

A LOOK AT THE IMPROVED GEN 4 DIAMONDBACK DB9 PISTOL

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/21...-pistol-videos

EDIT: I've always been intrigued by this gun because of it's size. The Gen 4 looks like it could be a winner. I just ordered one in Nickel Boron from Bud's. $242 cc price with insurance. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ucts_id/108192
    Last edited by carwash; March 1st, 2019 at 06:24 PM.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Philadelphia County)

Tanners has them for $169 new... If anyone wants an all black slide (complete but no barrel/ recoil spring) with a tritium front night sight installed by diamondback for $100 pm me, i dont need mine.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by carwash View Post
    A LOOK AT THE IMPROVED GEN 4 DIAMONDBACK DB9 PISTOL

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/21...-pistol-videos

EDIT: I've always been intrigued by this gun because of it's size. The Gen 4 looks like it could be a winner. I just ordered one in Nickel Boron from Bud's. $242 cc price with insurance. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ucts_id/108192
    I'll have to read that later but they look a lot nicer!

(Bucks County)

I picked up my Gen 4, I hope to put some rounds through it next week.
    First impressions: Great grip texture, nice sharp slide serrations, good sights, decent trigger.
    If it runs, it looks like a winner.

As shipped

Flat base magazine

A few comparisons...

Glock 26

Ruger LCP

Kel Tec P11 - the original compact doublestack, Sig P365 you're 20 years late

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Philadelphia County)

Nice post carwash... please post an update after shooting, biggest complaint for me was slide bite - i tend to go for a high grip and for a quick pocket draw its hard for me to avoid it... would need to undue alot of muscle memory to change that and not wanting to change for just this gun

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast