Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you buy a poofa hat?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

118 84.29%
  • No

22 15.71%
Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Poofa hat poll.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Poofa hat poll.

I would be interested if the hat is manf in US. My US made hats wear a lot better and you can see and feel difference in quality. .
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You guys don't like this larger version of the logo? No offense, but if you pull your trigger, you may not like the results. The graphic is very low resolution, and text characters that small don't work well with embroidery. I don't care exactly what model or color of hat yinz use, but I can guarantee that this logo is better designed for an embroidered hat.

I'll buy at least two of whatever hat design you folks figure out.

I could be wrong, but just wanted to mention that most period correct flintlock rifles having a Roman nose feature were privately owned (non-military issue) and fully stocked - the wood ran to about 1/8 to 1/4 inch from the end of the muzzle. The profile of the flintlock on the hat appears to end about 5-7 inches from the end of the muzzle which is similar to a military design feature for a musket (not a rifle) - however, that military design wouldn't come with a Roman nose.

Yeah, next time I'll probably be commenting about the number of angels on the head of a pin...

But I still think you folks are doing fabulous work....
    - bamboomaster

(York County)

The hat in the picture looks nice. For me I like the mesh on the back and the need to get big enough for my fat head.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

Yes or no. Black hat, black and white patch. No beanies. No camo. No pink. ETA the intention is for poofa rally attendees to be able to identify the group.
    Last edited by edritchey; January 27th, 2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I agree.

It should also be noted that although I've received preliminary approval for Scruff's slightly altered design, it wasn't free reign to just go choose any color, etc. I have bothered them quite a bit about it.

Sure black on gray may not scream LOOK AT ME, but do we want it to? You don't have to ID poofers from 1000 yards away. I think a black on gray hat will be easily picked out in a crowd with that logo. That said, I will see if I can get samples of black on gray, bright green on gray, and blaze orange (you know, homage to our hunting heritage) on gray, and seek approval if we really like a standout color better.
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You guys don't like this larger version of the logo? No offense, but if you pull your trigger, you may not like the results. The graphic is very low resolution, and text characters that small don't work well with embroidery. I don't care exactly what model or color of hat yinz use, but I can guarantee that this logo is better designed for an embroidered hat.

I like this design and would wear it but it won't provide the visibility that I thought was the goal here. I understand about 'bothering' the admin as well and wouldn't want to do that either.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I like the grey hat. Let's get the hat for all around use and general identification. Let's get personalized hi viz armbands to stand out in a crowd. The bonus with these are they are really cheap and we can buy extra armbands for non members we bring who support the cause.

LINK:

https://www.whatdoyouneed.com/premiu...ional-logo.htm
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I like the grey hat. Let's get the hat for all around use and general identification. Let's get personalized hi viz armbands to stand out in a crowd. The bonus with these are they are really cheap and we can buy extra armbands for non members we bring who support the cause.

LINK:

https://www.whatdoyouneed.com/premiu...ional-logo.htm
    As someone who doesn't wear ball caps, the arm band idea is brilliant.
    Love the outside the box thinking.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    As someone who doesn't wear ball caps, the arm band idea is brilliant.
    Love the outside the box thinking.
    Anti-gun people already call us Nazis. Imagine gun owners wearing an armband, regardless of what's on it. It will just cement it further in their minds, and the media would run with it that we're nazis.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Anti-gun people already call us Nazis. Imagine gun owners wearing an armband, regardless of what's on it. It will just cement it further in their minds, and the media would run with it that we're nazis.
    Agreed.

But......

But..... Nahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

The Left is already freaking out over the red MAGA hats calling them the New White Hood, so how about a red hat with 'MWAG'.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

All this debate over a hat. Really want to get noticed at an event and do it cheap? Make a PAFOA barrel flag, just like at gun shows. Poster board, marker and a wooden dowel is all it takes. A sea of PAFOA flags at an event would stand out. You could also add your screen name, so we know, who is who.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast