Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you buy a poofa hat?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

118 84.29%
  • No

22 15.71%
Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Poofa hat poll.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Poofa hat poll.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

50+ hats is less than $25 per unit.

Dri Duck Brushed Twill Hat
    This hat hits the mark! This durable hat will keep your group ready for any adventure that heads your way. Well made and ready for your logo or design!
    You guys don't like this larger version of the logo? No offense, but if you pull your trigger, you may not like the results. The graphic is very low resolution, and text characters that small don't work well with embroidery. I don't care exactly what model or color of hat yinz use, but I can guarantee that this logo is better designed for an embroidered hat.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I already have the permissions and a design that scruff is providing that I was taking to local hat makers to ensure a good product. But if we'd rather have something in florescent green that we have no way to proof, that's cool too.

It will be some form of Scruff's design if I'm laying out the cash.
    That's fine. As I said, not trying to step on toes. I was just trying to give my words a visible representation.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You guys don't like this larger version of the logo? No offense, but if you pull your trigger, you may not like the results. The graphic is very low resolution, and text characters that small don't work well with embroidery. I don't care exactly what model or color of hat yinz use, but I can guarantee that this logo is better designed for an embroidered hat.

I agree that a larger logo than the one UJ has there is appropriate but I also thought he posted that as an idea, not a definite size.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Perry County)

My only concern was that I have a dozen black and gray hats. As do most of us that play with guns. One more hat that looks similar to all the others defeats the purpose of the originally stated design parameters. That's to be recognizable to one another from a distance. I have no skin in this game beyond offering my opinion and some wasted time on a hat design website. And I'm not butthurt, so don't sweat it. I thought I could create something recognizable, that's all.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

FWIW I like this idea... with the PAFOA.ORG in the back. Distinctive, but subtle. Colors can be negotiated.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Lancaster County)

I thought it was Pa-Foh-A

(Allegheny County)

I like the larger version for sure. The other is lost as too small
    But the nice subtle colors (which I like for normal wear) just defeats the purpose to me

(Berks County)

I'll just jump in with another useless opinion. I see tons of black, white, od green and blue hats.

The medium gray not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I'll just jump in with another useless opinion. I see tons of black, white, od green and blue hats.

The medium gray not so much.
    I agree.

It should also be noted that although I've received preliminary approval for Scruff's slightly altered design, it wasn't free reign to just go choose any color, etc. I have bothered them quite a bit about it.

Sure black on gray may not scream LOOK AT ME, but do we want it to? You don't have to ID poofers from 1000 yards away. I think a black on gray hat will be easily picked out in a crowd with that logo. That said, I will see if I can get samples of black on gray, bright green on gray, and blaze orange (you know, homage to our hunting heritage) on gray, and seek approval if we really like a standout color better.
    Last edited by Justin///M; January 26th, 2019 at 09:38 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(York County)

Consider a golden embroidery color too, easy enough to see or read at a distance, without being high viz green or orange tacky. It would look nice on the brushed green hat That Uncle Jumbo suggested. Scruff's oversized rifles over PA outline looks nice too.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast