Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sig P226 Talo Edition

Hey everyone I’m new here! I managed to pick up a brand new P226 Talo edition at my local shop about a month ago, how rare are these guns? I can’t seem to really find them anywhere else and I was just back there last week and saw they have a 228 Talo there now as well that I’m thinking about grabbing. I love the styling and grips on these but I can’t seem to find much info on them, anyone who has one, or even knows about them.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sig P226 Talo Edition

Palmetto state armory has them in stock for $799
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Fayette County)

Im unfamiliar with the "Talo" version, but I own a Sig-229R and a Sig-229 Legion and both are excellent pistols. Just a bit too heavy for everyday concealed carry. But I often use them when I occasionally open carry.
    (The 229 is slightly smaller than the 226's, but they're practically the same pistol)
    Last edited by Ricochet; January 24th, 2019 at 10:33 PM.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Good look on finding it cheap, I got mine for $828 as my first handgun. Concealed carry is definitely possible with these guns but also not easy. That’s why I was looking at the 228 Talo though. Maybe I still want something even lighter.

I’ve seen the 229s as well, same as the 228 except the 228 only comes in 9mm correct? I’d probably end up getting one if I wanted a .45 also (which I kind of do). Maybe I’ll just get something lighter all together.

(Wyoming County)

Welcome to POOFA!

I just picked up a pre-owned 229 and I really like it. I'm carrying it right this minute in a Alien Gear belt slide OWB holster..

If you like Sig and are looking for a lighter weight hammer DA/SA you could take a look at the SP2022. It has a polymer frame and is kind of a hybrid between the 226 and 229.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    If you like Sig and are looking for a lighter weight hammer DA/SA you could take a look at the SP2022. It has a polymer frame and is kind of a hybrid between the 226 and 229.
    Wow why haven’t I heard of these before? this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Also why are they so cheap?!

(Chester County)

Talo is a distributor that Sig and other manufacturers like Ruger do special exclusive runs for. They aren’t rare from a value standpoint but the runs are typically limited and aren’t carried by all local gun stores.

(Montgomery County)

Pictures?

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by S2Klay View Post
    Wow why haven’t I heard of these before? this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Also why are they so cheap?!
    I guess it's because it has a polymer frame?

Mostly I have read many great reviews of the 2022. It's been called "Sig's best kept secret" or "most under rated gun" by many of the folks that have reviewed it. If I had the funds to be a Sig collector I would grab one, but I have to be content with my 229.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast