Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: New to PA, question about carrying

Quote Originally Posted by Bman85 View Post
    I'm a patriot lol. I didn't choose to live in NY, I was just born there. So believe me, I'm going to do my part to help out here. I planned on going to the Harrisburg event in May, and I follow a few pages on Facebook that mentioned they might try to set up a rally in Harrisburg before may, and I'd be there. Honestly, a lot of people in upstate NY are not happy with the way NY is. Upstate NY doesn't have a say, since the city is so large. Whoever the city wants, is what NY get stuck with. The past 2 governor races in NY, the republican candidate won just about every county except the city in NY and they still lost. That's why I left there. My vote will never matter there and it'll always be a cesspool. I've been here since May, and Im still not 100% believing I actually live in a free state lol (hence the reason I asked about OC). I already bought a bunch of very nice toys
    Welcome and lets keep the state free.!!!

And you say you left because of political reasons.. but Cuomo says everyone is leaving because of the harsh weather ROFL
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Well, taxes too. I could never afford a home in NY. Also, I voted Wagner. Bummer wolf won

(Montgomery County)

Welcome to the PAFOA.

We need every gun owner to help protect our gun rights by voting pro gun in every election every year.
    Please make sure you are registered to vote here: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/P...plication.aspx
    Pro gun voter guides are posted in PAFOA before every election here: http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Please also join the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) to help protect your Second Amendment right to own a gun.
    Free GOA memberships are available by request for anyone that cannot afford the $20 GOA membership fee here: http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=30334

Join NRA here: https://membership.nra.org/Join/Annuals
    Join GOA here: https://gunowners.org/donate/donations/join/

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Word of warning you try to turn PA in to NY we will line up to kick you in the taint.

If not welcome to Free America.
    First of all to the OP welcome to Pennsylvania and welcome to the forum ..I too was a transplant many moons ago .

When I moved here in 92’ from Massachusetts , PA was a solid red state ....sadly the last few years and all the transplants from NJ and NY ....PA is turning purple. We need to do everything we can to stop this ,sadly Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg , Erie and Scranton are all solid blue and there isn’t enough of population in the red areas to carry the vote . The new gerrymandered districts that the PA Supreme Court drew up haven’t helped . All the reddies in this state have capitulated and given in to the blue the past several years. It saddens me but when I retire in 12 yrs I don’t see myself living here anymore unless things change drastically.

Sorry didn’t mean to hijack your thread ...rant off ....
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bman85 View Post
    Hey everyone. I moved to PA to escape Cuomo last May. I acquired a LTCF. When I purchased my handgun, I was told that wolf put a restriction on open carrying in PA.
    Please identify the shop and possibly person that spread this disinformation - other than for good pricing - do not rely on this person for any useful information!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Please identify the shop and possibly person that spread this disinformation - other than for good pricing - do not rely on this person for any useful information!
    While not necessarily correct, the shop employee wasn't necessarily wrong. Wolf's enacting and continuous renewal/extension of State of Emergency Declarations restricts Open Carry throughout the Commonwealth to individuals possessing a LTCF. When not under a SOE, that restriction only exists in Philadelphia.

(Bucks County)

I have a question can I renew my bucks county carry permit if I recieved a felony in Arizona that is all taken care of.

(Bucks County)

I have a question can I renew my bucks county carry permit if I received a felony 3 years ago in Arizona and I took care of all I had to do?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis cancelliere View Post
    I have a question can I renew my bucks county carry permit if I received a felony 3 years ago in Arizona and I took care of all I had to do?
    "Guilty" of a felony, but have completed your sentence? There are a very few white-collar type felonies that don't trigger firearms prohibition, but odds are, they aren't in play.

Not only will you not be able to "renew", but you are likely already a prohibited person. If the sheriff hasn't found out and already revoked your existing license, it doesn't mean you're legal because you still have the card.

It's also very likely that you may not even own, possess or *touch* any firearms or ammunition. You really need to speak to an attorney ASAP and make sure you correct any existing facts that could cause a snowball of new legal problems.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Dauphin County)

State parks are also off limits for open carry but not concealed with a LTCF if I recall correctly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast