Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Obscure Revolver Part Issues

Ok, so I recently got myself an antique, big-bore black powder cartridge revolver. It is, according to the Manowar site, a M1873 Gasser revolver. This particular model is the 5-shot also frequently called a Montenegrin revolver. Problem is, it's missing several parts: the trigger, trigger guard, trigger return spring, and the rest of the internal parts bar the hammer and mainspring. I can't find any plans or documentation of parts for this gun anywhere, the closest I've gotten is the recent C&Rsenal video on the guns. It's to the point where Numrich doesn't even have a category for this thing. Does anybody have a source for parts or plans and dimensions for this thing? Barring that, does anyone have one they'd be willing to pull apart and take photos and measurements of? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated- despite supposedly being common, there's almost nothing out there on these. Thanks, folks.
    Gasser Disassembled.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Obscure Revolver Part Issues

you might want to try posting on "the firing line" or "the high road" forums. the gun knowledge on those sights never ceases to amaze me.

(Lehigh County)

Maybe a long shot but try International Military Antiques | Military Collectibles | Antique Guns
    https://www.ima-usa.com/
    👍

From the condition of the exterior, it would suggest that a previous owner robbed those missing internal parts to restore another one in better condition.

You might avoid a lot of frustration trading what's left to a parts dealer. Jus' sayin'.

(Allegheny County)

I think it's terrifying that this young man is trying to modify an inoperable (SAFE) weapon into one that can quickly kill at least five people using full-semi-auto-rotating bullet clip technology that should only be used by the military.

It's disturbingly disgusting that you sick people are trying to HELP him achieve his goal of being a mass-killer gunman.

I have alerted the authorities to your plan of terror!

(Bucks County)

I was thinking it looks like a grenade that will take out all around it.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lackawanna County)

It looks worse than it actually is, thanks in part to the potato I use as a camera. None of the rust or pitting is bad enough to actually impair function, it's just missing parts. I'll try those forums, but I won't be trading this off anytime soon- I've got a Benjamin in this and I'm not frankly convinced that I'm going to find another that I could actually afford. And thanks for IMA, but I already tried there. Might not hurt to give them a call I suppose, though. Thanks, folks.

(York County)

YOu might want to post your pictures to gunboards on one of the special topic subforums like the one for Mannlichers and other obscure weapons of central Europe. They have enough foreign collectors who use it and some have been able to find the most remarkable sources of parts and technical information.

Gun collecting in Europe is not dead. A variety of knowledgeable people still live over the pond and they have access to a wealth of resources.

S&W model 581 revolver,I need the guts,cyclinder and anything else I can get at REASONABLE Cost, .I went thru usual sites and concerns and cannot get anything cost effective to get the firearm up and running.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    S&W model 581 revolver,I need the guts,cyclinder and anything else I can get at REASONABLE Cost, .I went thru usual sites and concerns and cannot get anything cost effective to get the firearm up and running.
    https://usagunsandgear.com/collections/model-581

Best I can do on short notice. Your best bet would be to find an L frame parts gun, be it a 581 or 586.
    Last edited by DClan; January 26th, 2019 at 02:02 PM.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast