Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Obscure Revolver Part Issues

Quote Originally Posted by westscoutguy View Post
    Ok, so I recently got myself an antique, big-bore black powder cartridge revolver. It is, according to the Manowar site, a M1873 Gasser revolver. This particular model is the 5-shot also frequently called a Montenegrin revolver. Problem is, it's missing several parts: the trigger, trigger guard, trigger return spring, and the rest of the internal parts bar the hammer and mainspring. I can't find any plans or documentation of parts for this gun anywhere, the closest I've gotten is the recent C&Rsenal video on the guns. It's to the point where Numrich doesn't even have a category for this thing. Does anybody have a source for parts or plans and dimensions for this thing? Barring that, does anyone have one they'd be willing to pull apart and take photos and measurements of? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated- despite supposedly being common, there's almost nothing out there on these. Thanks, folks.
    Attachment 114381
    Try contacting the guy that runs C&Rsenal or even Ian from Forgotten weapons both of these gentlemen have resources for gun's parts and literature that you will most likely never find on a message forum regardless of how many knowledgeable they may have. I wouldn't expect an answer back in a day but give it a shot on their social media pages and not their youtube comments. I would also prepare yourself to be the proud owner of a pile of parts as well since it's a very good possibility and being many of us have indeed been here at one time or another. If you can find the original blueprints and have a machinist talented enough to reproduce but your looking at huge cash investments.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by westscoutguy View Post
    Ok, so I recently got myself an antique, big-bore black powder cartridge revolver. It is, according to the Manowar site, a M1873 Gasser revolver. This particular model is the 5-shot also frequently called a Montenegrin revolver. Problem is, it's missing several parts: the trigger, trigger guard, trigger return spring, and the rest of the internal parts bar the hammer and mainspring. I can't find any plans or documentation of parts for this gun anywhere, the closest I've gotten is the recent C&Rsenal video on the guns. It's to the point where Numrich doesn't even have a category for this thing. Does anybody have a source for parts or plans and dimensions for this thing? Barring that, does anyone have one they'd be willing to pull apart and take photos and measurements of? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated- despite supposedly being common, there's almost nothing out there on these. Thanks, folks.
    Attachment 114381
    http://home.earthlink.net/~frey2000/id2.html

MONTENEGRIN revolver: 11mm, G, $250. Works, but f.p. hole in shield is too large. Loose lock-up, good bore. Repaired bone grips. Hand made ejector, crane and safety. Original 3.7" barrel, shortest I've seen, and it is partially stamped 'MONTENEGRO'. not ready.

Don't know if it's still available, but it's a starting point.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Lackawanna County)

I actually found that website myself, but given that it was last updated in 2017 and there's nothing on the fella's GB account. Might contact him to be certain though. I actually did try some of C&Rsenal's pages, though I haven't tried their website yet, figured I'd wait until they're done with their collaboration with Ian for that. I'm hoping to find blueprints or dimensions considering I'm capable of reproducing the parts myself, but there's nothing. I know there's something on it out there, I saw the ones C&Rsenal used in their video and they were in worse condition before they got a hold of them.

(Carbon County)

Try "The French Gun Board". I have gotten drawings for Lebel parts from some of the French members. I know Ian from forgotten weapons frequents the sight, along with some parts suppliers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12