Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ghost encounters?

Ok it's haunting time and my kids love me to tell their friends about an encounter I had in college.
    Have you had any experiences that are freaky enough that you wonder.. humm was THAT .. ya know.. a ghost?

Here's mine:
    While I was in HS there was a terrible car accident on our property and one teen was killed when he was ejected thru the windshield.

My Dad was the boss of a school for the mentally handicapped. Often a student would leave school property to come across the road to visit "da boss".

One year home from college I left the house at night to walk to my truck, parked right in front of our house. While grabbing the seat belt I see a person on the grass in a flowing outfit. It was hard to really get a good view even though he/she was fairly close. (it was thanksgivinig time and too cold for that outfit). I assumed it was a student coming to visit. No cell phones at the time so I just went ahead and left the driveway.

Came home after shopping and inquired about the visitor. No.. they said.. no one came to the door. I described the person and it didn't ring a bell.

A few years later cleaning out the basement ran across an article about the dead teen.
    The teen had been wearing a similar outfit to the person I saw, as he was on the way to a costume party that night.

Did I see his ghost???? I believe so.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Ghost encounters?

Ive never seen a ghost, and Ive never seen a UFO

(Luzerne County)

When we were young. My sister had the room Off the stairway. She woke one night to see a light come up the stairs. She said the light came into her room and fell to the floor next to her bed. She said something then grabed her leg. She woke everyone up at that time.

I woke one morning to some one knocking on the front door. I went to open the door. There was no one there. The knocking continued until I closed the door and ran upstairs.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

sorry to burst your bubbles but....

ghosts dont exist

(Lawrence County)

i went to that west virginia "haunted" jail... and spent the night. spent 500 or so odd dollars to do so with a group of buddies... we were determined to find out if mtv's fear show was real or not... we stayed all night, had access to the entire place... the only thing i saw was a lot of darkness... no scarey ghoules or gobblins, no bumps creeks or cracks, aside from me and my buddies jumping out at each other scaring the crap out of everyone.

(Monroe County)

Ghost? Who knows...

My Wife (was gf at the time) lived in an apartment that apparently someone died in, old old building in Bethlehem. She was having a conversation with her room mate at the time time, who was moving out, and she told her that her male friend (not me, not boyfriend) was moving in...

suddenly a clock that was hanging on the wall "fell" half way across the room. Apparently he was a male and enjoyed living with 2 hot chicks :P

Second time I was in the apartment alone (I had moved in, other friend had moved out) and I had just finished cleaning the kitchen, washing out the sink, etc... took about 5 steps out of the kitchen when I heard the water turn on full force, thought wtf? turned around and took 2 steps back to the kitchen and it stopped. got there and looked and the sink was wet even though I just dried it... weird

Now in our current house. apparently one of the previous owners passed away from a very very deadly strain of cancer, he went to the doc for a back spasm issue and they found the cancer, he died 2 - 3 weeks later. every now and then we hear very faint talking and music in the house. just enough to make you turn around and make sure the TV and stereo are off... its very strange.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Jefferson County)

I've had 2 "close encounters". Seen or heard what I believed to be ghosts, but just 2 "close contacts".

The first was back in mid '90s. I was staying out at the family farm in between road trips or on weekends. One night as I was asleep, I was awaken by someone sitting at the edge of the bed(felt bed sink). As I came around from my dream I immediately heard incoherent whispering in my ear. I opened my eyes to see if it was my cousin or uncle sleep walking - but to my absolute horror no one was there. I could see where the bed was sunken in, but nothing was there. Only when "it" moved did anything visually appear - which it looked like a human shaped shadow that was semi-opaque/translucent. You could see through it, but it was like looking through smoke. The whispering continued for a few seconds, then it just stopped and I felt the edge of the bed lift. I couldn't sleep after that, hell I couldn't even frigg'n move. It was the one and only time I was so terrified that I was paralyzed. Mind you, I've been shot at before, chased by critters with full intent on eating me, faced other deathly situations - but none of them came remotely close to the terror I felt that night.

The next morning I discussed what happened with my grandma and uncle at breakfast, they both laughed and said "sounds like old Ms. Plotner liked you.". Since then I've heard footsteps when I was the only one there, other unnormal house noises, noticed movements in my peripheral that I catch a partial glimpse of as I turn to look. I no longer get that terror feeling though, just the hair standing up for a second, then a feeling of calm.

The second was just late summer of last year when the old lady came to help me get my self "in order". I wont go into detail about this one, just that we had a talk some about things, life, etc and more. She also visited her son and other family members within days of each other.
    Last edited by knight0334; October 7th, 2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typos
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Beretta View Post
    Ok it's haunting time and my kids love me to tell their friends about an encounter I had in college.

Any other stories of "encounters " in college? :-)
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Bucks County)

Cool Re: Ghost encounters?

I own a house in Morrisville that’s over 110yrs old. I don’t believe in ghosts… but everyone in the neighborhood told me it was haunted.

Over the last 3 years I've been in the house some very odd things happen that I can’t explain… Anyhow, his name is Fred. I’ve had a few conversations with him when I was drunk.

(Chester County)

I've had so many I can't even count. Enough to make me "know" they are real. We got some pictures of one once, but my friend of course kept them instead of me.

Where we live now (my parents house) has something living here, but I haven't been able to prove it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast