Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
Agreed! This is why I voted for Trump mainly. I mean I would have voted for him anyway because I just don't see myself voting blue EVER. However this was the big reason. Ginsberg may not go before October, but she'll probably go before 2020 election. We just have to hope it's early enough that there is time to get another judge appointed.
It would be interesting if she were to go early in 2020. Would the Senate vote on a predecessor or follow the Biden Rule? I’ve read some Republican’s say follow the Biden Rule, but most recently it seemed like McConnell would move forward with a vote.

If Ginsberg were to announce her retirement in October of 2020 it would guarantee that this would become an election for the Supreme Court.

Btw..... I expect some if not all of the Democratic candidates to take a page out of Trumps book and come out with lists of who they would elect to the Supreme Court. I honestly think that Trump doing that is what got a lot of American who were on the fence about voting for him out to the polls in 2016.

Btw..... everyone is focused on Ginsberg..... but Breyer is 80. He may find himself in a realistic position where he may need to step down in the next 5 years also.

It’s kind of sad that so much focus is put on the Supreme Court. Unfortunately for me at any rate, I don’t see Democrats electing people who will interpret the 2nd the way it was meant to (imo) and that is a big deal.