Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default There's something about a good S&W revolver...

That speaks to me deeper than most any other firearm. Not that I'll discontinue carrying my semis the majority of the time.

Picked this one up on trade. It's got some wear, the worst scuff is on the back strap, nothing that can't buff out... but I don't intend to do that. It's got an ideal character as it is.

Took a couple pics before swapping out the beautiful wood grips for the stock rubber ones that came with my S&W 442 (that one wears DeSantis Clip Grips).

I love the look of the wood, but they are in fantastic shape and I'd like to keep them that way. Yes it's a pretty gun, but it's also going to be carried. Not often, but often enough. The trigger on this thing feels just absolutely perfect.

Now I just need one with the shrouded hammer (638 or 649) to "have the set" in a manner of speaking.

(Washington County)

Default Re: There's something about a good S&W revolver...

That's a beauty right there.. it has that perfectly worn look, not too much, just enough to show it has some history behind it.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Lancaster County)

Same here, I'll take a S&W revolver over a semi-auto any day of the week. Steel is real and wheel guns are real steel!

S&W Model 60 round butt is an awesome little snubbie to CCW,I have seen them sent out for a high mirror polish and well worth the money,you will never get rid of it !

(Montgomery County)

This one is definitely a keeper, regardless if it keeps its scratches or gets polished. Dad has a model 36 in beautiful shape that I’ve always adored from afar, this fills that spot in my own collection.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    That speaks to me deeper than most any other firearm. Not that I'll discontinue carrying my semis the majority of the time.

Picked this one up on trade. It's got some wear, the worst scuff is on the back strap, nothing that can't buff out... but I don't intend to do that. It's got an ideal character as it is.

Took a couple pics before swapping out the beautiful wood grips for the stock rubber ones that came with my S&W 442 (that one wears DeSantis Clip Grips).

I love the look of the wood, but they are in fantastic shape and I'd like to keep them that way. Yes it's a pretty gun, but it's also going to be carried. Not often, but often enough. The trigger on this thing feels just absolutely perfect.

Now I just need one with the shrouded hammer (638 or 649) to "have the set" in a manner of speaking.
    BT, I couldn't agree more. I have a Mod. 36 from the early 70's with honest wear on(See PIC) it and I trust that classic when I'm carrying just as much my semi's.

Good score,

Some Others as well:

Kobsw

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm not into revolvers at all, but my Model 10 is one of my favorite guns, partly for the history. This was a NYPD cop's duty weapon. It looks all business-like, with the holster wear on the muzzle and the Pachmayr grips. The S&W leather retention holster has hundreds of tiny dings from the patrol car's seat belt buckle and some scuffs and scrapes that look like the cop had been in a few street scuffles. The owner likely carried this gun his entire career. Aside from that, you don't have to be a gun guy to appreciate that it's a fine piece of machinery. The action, the trigger, everything about it is tight and silky smooth. Every single person who has ever shot or dry-fired it has handed it back to me with a big smile on their face and said "wow, that's really nice!" This is a serious piece of craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'm not into revolvers at all, but my Model 10 is one of my favorite guns, partly for the history. This was a NYPD cop's duty weapon. It looks all business-like, with the holster wear on the muzzle and the Pachmayr grips. The S&W leather retention holster has hundreds of tiny dings from the patrol car's seat belt buckle and some scuffs and scrapes that look like the cop had been in a few street scuffles. The owner likely carried this gun his entire career. Aside from that, you don't have to be a gun guy to appreciate that it's a fine piece of machinery. The action, the trigger, everything about it is tight and silky smooth. Every single person who has ever shot or dry-fired it has handed it back to me with a big smile on their face and said "wow, that's really nice!" This is a serious piece of craftsmanship.

Best S&W duty revolver madeee,accurate,depenpable,and the bull barrel made for a quick incapacitating clunk to the noggin,we had them until graduating to the 66,then the 686,then 1st gen Glocks.i miss my Model 10 !

(Delaware County)

Scruff, The model 10 has faithfully served the men and women in blue throughout the years and I'm glad such a gun is now in the hands of someone who appreciates it.

Best Regards,

Kobsw

(Delaware County)

I have two Model 19s. One I keep by my bedside. It's the first center fire pistol that I ever bought (about 30 years ago), and I still take it to the range on occasion. The other I use when I'm doing some teaching; that buttery smooth trigger makes it a joy to teach and learn with.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast