Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: There's something about a good S&W revolver...

Agree fully! There is something about a Smith & Wesson revolver! I began drooling over them before my 5th birthday when my dad would take me to a gunshop in Nanuet, NY. While in Korea with the Army in the late 60s I acquired a Chief's Special and Highway Patrolman with 6" barrel. Both had to stay in ROK when I returned to CONUS. But not long after getting back I applied for and got a NYS pistol license (unrestricted) and my first acquisition was a S&W .38 Masterpiece. That piece has since been joined by several others. Though the latest a 5" barreled Model 986 hasn't lived up to expectations, I'm hoping that'll be cured when medicine man Mark Hartshorne finishes his cure of its illness. Overall I like the 986, its 7 shot capacity is a plus, moonclip only makes for quick and easy reloads. Sufficient accuracy to get the job done. The down side as received new? Lousy trigger. Rear sight not fully installed, problems that have developed with use: mainspring strain screw loosens when firing, ejection rod loosens when firing to the extent that if not caught in time it will lock-up the revolver. Thank goodness for Loctite! Light firing pin strikes have become regular occurrences, 1 in every 7 rounds.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lancaster County)

^^I’m quite familiar with in Nanuet/Spring Valley area. I honestly don’t remember any gun shops in the area. What was it called and where was it?
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Susquehanna County)

AWWW HELL! That was at least 68 years ago! I don't recall the name of the shop. The man that owned it was missing one arm. It was located in the one-story group of stores that were on Main St. between Church St. and Orchard St. It closed sometime during the 1960s. My Dad would always stop by there to pick up ammunition on our excursions to the Rockland State Hospital dump to shoot rats. That was where and how he started teaching me marksmanship. We lived on East Greywood in Shanks Village at the time. During the 1960s there was a Gun shop named Lombards just about opposite the Howard Johnson on Rte 59. That guy was a crook and would often pull stuff like adding the illegal sale of handguns to a cop's legal "on the badge" sale.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lancaster County)

http://shop.thesportsmansshop.com/us...7mag-6-1903528
    I’m shocked that none of our local Smith fans have snagged this one yet.

(Blair County)

Yeah there is, Its like man this is the nicest gun I can buy now....Fuck Colt for stopping revolver production in the 90s......

(Allegheny County)

I love my M29 S&W in 44 mag.

53539_1.jpg
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234