Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: No gun purchase under 26 years of age

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    How about, if you sign up for the military, you get a 7 year advance on your rights.
    Guns aside, I think military service or civil service equivalent should be compulsory to participate in our Republic.
    Recent generations have become so ignorant and decadent they are a detriment to the survival of our country.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Recent generations have become so ignorant and decadent they are a detriment to the survival of our country.
    171abo.jpg

(Northumberland County)

Guns aside, I think military service or civil service equivalent should be compulsory to participate in our Republic.
    My only main objection to compulsory military service is that it keeps adding man power to the military (directed on the most part by the politicians). This does not allow for a citizen to object from unjust wars and expansionary conquests by refusing to provide resources. I say this because for the most part, politicians have very little to loose by sending our troops to foreign lands for whatever reason they see fit. If it is a truly just reason for being there, a moral individual will see fit to volunteer in any capacity that they are able to.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GridWork View Post
    My only main objection to compulsory military service is that it keeps adding man power to the military (directed on the most part by the politicians). This does not allow for a citizen to object from unjust wars and expansionary conquests by refusing to provide resources. I say this because for the most part, politicians have very little to loose by sending our troops to foreign lands for whatever reason they see fit. If it is a truly just reason for being there, a moral individual will see fit to volunteer in any capacity that they are able to.
    He said military or civil (community) service, which many would choose if it was compulsory.

I’d be in favor of students performing civil service as an alternative for paying off their government (student) loans. For example, 1 year of documented civil service could pay off a 50K loan.

(Lancaster County)

I read this idea in "Starship Troopers" when I was a sprout and thought that it was a good idea then.

Now, I think it's a great idea. I have no idea how the FF missed putting it into the system.

(Berks County)

Shoot and M-4 when you are 18 in defense of your country but no civilian guns?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Venango County)

My God, now parents will be legally obligated to support children until 26?

No Thanks.

ETA: I love my kids but as Clint Eastwood says, "A man has got to know his limits!" I think it was Dirty Harry of Magnum Force.
    Last edited by TaePo; January 22nd, 2019 at 11:26 AM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

I guess if Humans aren't fully developed until they are 26, then I guess they shouldn't be able to enter the military, drive a car, fly a plane, be responsible for others, etc until that age.

If someone can't handle a firearm, or a beer until age 21 by law...they can't handle a voting booth either. Let's fix that first.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    IQ scale...

Idiot = 0-25
    Imbecile = 26-50
    Moron = 51-70
    The IQ test was written by a mother and daughter who writing stories that weren’t too good. It’s a similar story to Scientology’s. It’s complete bs made up to prove blacks are inferior to whites. It’s full of cultural bias and plain old nonsense. And the Mensa people are about to flame on, but first research it, then ask yourself how you bought into it with so little proof if you’re really that smart. Me, I’m not the brightest bulb in the pack and I cannot multi task but I’ll take all the honest men over all the smartest guys every day.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123