Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Virginia legislator openly carries her gun on state Senate floor

If I can't do this, she shouldn't be able to either.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    What would "stern warning" entail?
    More a statement such as:
    " I have a LTC and carry a firearm to defend and protect myself" vs. her open carry display. Open carry comes with a whole level of awareness and retention that she has not demonstrated in this article - her holster for instance does not deter some bozo from getting a drop on her and making a grab for it.

That's a discussion for another time.............

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    What would "stern warning" entail?
    Dunno, ask Howard.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Franklin County)

Oh shit! Now it's going to be ruined for everyone in VA too!

The horror!!

Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    This needs to become the new norm!

We should bring back dueling in politics. Fuck this bullshit debating crap.

It would end this triggered beta male bullshit real quick, and give new meaning to the term triggered too haha
    We've been to Princeton less than a dozen times - mostly for watching our All American niece during the water-polo event/competition. The coach was a Navy Seal...

But one of the first tours we enjoyed there was showing us some historical hall that had a really, really long table (say 50' long) and and about 5' wide. The length and girth were designed to prevent students on either side of the table from dueling with swords when they disagreed or otherwise took umbrage with other students who disagreed with their points of view.

Apparently the table was wide enough to prevent students from killing each other, even when they crossed swords, which was apparently OK to bring to college back then....

Maybe it worked? Especially since many IVY LEAGUE grads are now in politics?

Just don't know...

When I went to college in 1970, among other attire, I brought a 30x60 American flag, a 16" Crescent wrench, and a sticker that said "America. Love it or leave it!

Never got hassled back then...and have never been hassled now.

Oh, and since we we were relatively poor folks at the time and couldn't afford the air fare, I had my mom drop me off at the turnpike entrance and hitch-hiked my way to college. Hey, it was only 430 miles away - took three rides, but I showed up on time for classes.

Back then, that was what was right with America...
    - bamboomaster

Good for her! Set an example!

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^
    --ET

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    I may have opted to CC and offer a stern warning of such......but to each their own:

"A freshman legislator has started openly carrying her .38 revolver on the floor of the Virginia state Senate.

State Sen. Amanda Chase (R) told The Washington Post that she has begun wearing her revolver visibly strapped to her hip after a colleague was confronted by a group of protesters.

“I’ve had people get in my face. I’ve had people come up and try to touch me inappropriately,” Chase said, adding that her gun acts as a “deterrent.”

The Virginia state Capitol, in Richmond, has lax gun rules and gun-toting visitors are allowed in if they have a concealed-carry permit, the Post reported.

Chase, who owns a small financial services business, told the newspaper that she usually carries her gun concealed because she doesn’t want to “raise alarm for other people.”

However, she decided to openly display her weapon after state Sen. Richard H. Black said he was confronted by immigration activists on Monday over his bill to ban sanctuary cities.

Chase said Black’s encounter “concerned” her and she began openly carrying her revolver on Tuesday, as first noted by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

“I’ve had threats. I’ve had stalkers since I’ve been in the General Assembly,” Chase said. “I am going to continue to represent the issues that are important to my constituents, and I’m not going to be intimidated by people who would try to physically harm me.”

The conservative legislator has opposed federal efforts to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) this year, the Post reported.

She said openly carrying her gun has given her more confidence.

“It empowers women,” she said. “I jokingly call it my ERA.”

Chase told the newspaper that she’s had positive reception and has been called a “badass.”

Critics, however, say it isn’t necessary for Chase to carry a gun on the Virginia Senate floor.

Attachment 114244
    “I think the Capitol Police are well trained and do a fabulous job,” said Brian Moran, Virginia’s secretary of public safety and homeland security. “And if any member has concerns, they really should express those to Capitol Police so they feel secure while they’re doing the people’s business in the people’s house.”

State Senate Minority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D) said her nickname should be “Senator Annie Oakley Chase.”

“If she gets in an argument, what’s she gonna [do], pull out a gun and shoot them?” he said. “I just think it’s absurd.”"

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...n-senate-floor

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...empowers-women

https://twitter.com/MichaelLeePope/s...empowers-women
    Gotta love how the State Senate Minority Leader projects his inner demons, he is a dumb ass.

(Bucks County)

Nobody's stopping you from moving to Virginia.

You can. VA allows regular folk with CHP to carry in the Capitol building. No need to rage when things are as they should be.

“If she gets in an argument, what’s she gonna [do], pull out a gun and shoot them?” he said. “I just think it’s absurd.”"
    No, this line of reasoning is absurd. How are adults not embarrassed by this level of irrationality? He must have a pathetic excuse for a brain.
    Last edited by buckengr; January 21st, 2019 at 04:35 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast