Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Republican Rep. Tom Marino announces resignation

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pa-...private-sector
    Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa., announced his resignation on Thursday with the longtime lawmaker saying he was taking a job in the private sector.

Marino, who was re-elected in November to a fifth term in the House, said that his last day in office will be Jan. 23.

"Having spent over two decades serving the public, I have chosen to take a position in the private sector where I can use both my legal and business experience to create jobs around the nation," Marino said in a statement.

He added: "I want to thank the people of the 12th Congressional District of Pennsylvania for the faith they have placed in me to represent them in Congress. It truly has been one of the greatest honors of my life.”

It is unclear when Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf will hold a special election to choose Marino’s successor. In April, Wolf had 10 days to set a date for a special election after Congressman Charlie Dent resigned from Pennsylvania’s 15th Congressional District.

The 66-year-old Marino is a former county and federal prosecutor who co-chaired Donald Trump's successful presidential campaign in Pennsylvania.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Default Re: Republican Rep. Tom Marino announces resignation

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Perry County)

He was definitely a statist.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Northampton County)

WTF, that's criminal. Why wouldn't he have announced this last year instead of going through an election.
    Not that I care one way or another if he is in office, there was a lot of Waste getting to this day and now more to replace him.
    There should be a full investigation into where he's going and where the money came from to put him there. Something in this smells and it's not just that normal politician stink.

(Tioga County)

What a total waste of time, we could have nominated someone else. Now we have to have a special election and all that BS.

I know he had some health issues in the past, so maybe that is the real story.

(Susquehanna County)

Watch the Dems steal this seat!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyHermit View Post
    This^^^

Also let's see what they try and ram down our throats (Yes I am considering myself a Pennsylvanian already) before any special election. I'll need to print out a district map so I know what I'm talking about.
    Eddie

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyHermit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    This^^^

Also let's see what they try and ram down our throats (Yes I am considering myself a Pennsylvanian already) before any special election. I'll need to print out a district map so I know what I'm talking about.
    I think it would be hard for them to do that. The 12th is the infamous 'T' in the middle of PA. Pennsyltucky I believe the libtards call it. He won handily.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...se-district-12

(Tioga County)

It's a very Republican district. Typically 70% of votes go to Republicans here in my county.

However the dems will make a run at it.

(Chester County)

They probably got pictures of him kiddie fiddling at a Penn State event.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast