Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: how do we fix the nra ?

What difference does it make whether we as members destroy the NRA or whether the NRA sells us out, either way we loss. Remember Trump is not progun in fact he called for a assault weapon ban in the past. Name one thing the NRA/Trump has done to further our rights. In fact everything Trump has done has lessened our rights.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    What difference does it make whether we as members destroy the NRA or whether the NRA sells us out, either way we loss. Remember Trump is not progun in fact he called for a assault weapon ban in the past. Name one thing the NRA/Trump has done to further our rights. In fact everything Trump has done has lessened our rights.
    ^^^ THIS ! ^^^
    --ET

Could be worse.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Could be worse.
    Yep. Things can always be worse.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

As far as the president goes I’m hoping his contributions pay off in the form of 2 to 3 solid SCOTUS appointees.

Here is what we are dealing with with and I feel the NRA is unprepared and the GOA underfunded. All I know is true gun owners better get their ass in gear and add the NRA to the list of calls to make.

Trump
    Gorsuch
    Kavenaugh
    Many Pro gun Judges at the Federal Level

NRA
    Spent millions to keep anti gun candidates out of the Senate.

I am not happy with Trump or the NRA right now and both deserve the heat they have been taking. But I honestly think we are way worse off without them.

Trump making court picks instead of Hillary strengthens the 2nd. Having a Republican Senate (many bankrolled/supported by the NRA) okaying the judicial picks strengthens the 2nd. In the long run having Trump pick judges and not Hillary will further 2nd Amendment rights.

The issue is not black and white. There are many shades of gray when it comes to the NRA and Trump. I wish it was more black and white...... but we have what we have.

As to fixing the NRA...... my current hope is that a group like the GOA will stick to its mission and eventually usurp the NRA as the pre eminent group over the next couple of decades. Unless this happens I will support both.

(Berks County)

It ain’t the NRA that needs fixing. America needs fixing. It starts at home. Fix yourself. Fix your family. Fix your home. Fix your neighborhood. Fix your city. Fix your county. Fix your state. Fix your country. Start with you.

Warning: This has been a deep philosophical answer and not a put down of anyone, nor is it an invitation to a flame war. If however this message has managed to inflame you personally a long introspective meditation on the reasons for your feelings will be curative . You hold all the answers you seek.

paid for by committee of old long dead white men circa 1776
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    It ain’t the NRA that needs fixing. America needs fixing. It starts at home. Fix yourself. Fix your family. Fix your home. Fix your neighborhood. Fix your city. Fix your county. Fix your state. Fix your country. Start with you.

Warning: This has been a deep philosophical answer and not a put down of anyone, nor is it an invitation to a flame war. If however this message has managed to inflame you personally a long introspective meditation on the reasons for your feelings will be curative . You hold all the answers you seek.

paid for by committee of old long dead white men circa 1776

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." G. Michael Hopf

It's time to become and raise our children to become the strong men needed to make real change.

(Berks County)

The Great Internet Troll has given you the answer.

Trump is pro constitution, he just as to find out what’s in it. Don’t f... laugh. There is way more citizens out there just like him. I suppose he is getting a crash coarse. He believes in America. America is founded on the constitution, therefore he believes in the constitution and the rule of law. He is surrounded by more fecal matter than a nyc sewer worker . That’s a problem.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast