Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: how do we fix the nra ?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    A relative of mine was not a favorite employee of his bosses; they expected him to come in to work extra hours on the weekends, stay late during the week, for zero extra money. They thought that he should be willing to sacrifice and be a "team player", for free. His philosophy was "if me spending my free time at work pursuing your goals and agenda is worth nothing to you, then why should it be worth anything to me?"

There's some merit to that idea. If the fine citizens of Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania think that it's worth nothing for Ted to take a day and fly in and speak to strangers about some local gun ordinance, then I would expect that Ted would have other opportunities for his day. The political corruption and pandering and disingenuous sucking-up to Bloomberg and the DNC in the city of Pittsburgh has no impact on Ted, it's not a national issue, it's barely a state issue.

Hey, some Pennsylvania gun rights lawyers are willing to donate hundreds of hours to answering questions for free on PAFOA, while others focus on making money and only stopping by to troll for potential clients. It's a choice. Everyone goes his own way.
    Hey I don’t fault Ted for not doing it or even charging a reasonable fee for expenses. I just think it’s cute that he believes himself to be $50K relevant in 2019 just for 5 minutes of speaking.

Hey but I guess if the Clintons can charge hundreds of thousands then Ted might as well give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yup.

Or if they do ask for compensation. It's only to compensate them for their travel and related expenses; nothing so high that indicate they are trying to make a profit.

But sadly; the speakers that draw large crowds for any given topic or cause. While they may be in favor of given topic or cause. More often than not; they are more interested in making a profit.
    I was prepared to cover travel expenses. I was also prepared to cover travel expenses for a lady whose husband was killed due to gun control. The plan was to ask for donations to support that if they agreed. Ultimately, she was anti open carry of rifles and said no.
    Last edited by Justin///M; January 19th, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Yup.

Or if they do ask for compensation. It's only to compensate them for their travel and related expenses; nothing so high that indicate they are trying to make a profit.

But sadly; the speakers that draw large crowds for any given topic or cause. While they may be in favor of given topic or cause. More often than not; they are more interested in making a profit.
    Yes , ett you get it. If uncle Ted truly cared about 2A he can afford to show up without expecting a check. I agree pay him travel if he really NEEDS it

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I was prepared to cover travel expenses. I was also prepared to cover travel expenses for a lady whose husband was killed due to gun control. The plan was to ask for donations to support that if they agreed. Ultimately, she was anti open carry of rifles and said no. Same with John Lott.
    Yes I’m sure the open carry of rifles would matter to her dead husband or the public perception of her speaking.

Some people draw the lines in the strangest places. If yout goal is to get the word out then you use evert possible positive opportunity. Yeah I get not wanting to speak at a open carry Rally run by the KLL, but short of that it’s just ignorant,

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes I’m sure the open carry of rifles would matter to her dead husband or the public perception of her speaking.

Some people draw the lines in the strangest places. If yout goal is to get the word out then you use evert possible positive opportunity. Yeah I get not wanting to speak at a open carry Rally run by the KLL, but short of that it’s just ignorant,
    I agree ,and this is why we are falling behind. The dems Don't give an inch and neither can we !!

(Wyoming County)

I'd like to know how much Gabby Giffords gets to appear at a gun control rally, or David Hogg?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Who isn’t at this point?

In the future I would rather see people like Tim from MAC invited to speak since they advocate for the 2A everyday.
    But I'm sure he would have the same issue, he's got only so much time and energy available and there is an expense involved.

People often think that they own these public people and that they should do stuff for free, but everyone only has limited time, energy and money, no matter who they are.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    Yes , ett you get it. If uncle Ted truly cared about 2A he can afford to show up without expecting a check. I agree pay him travel if he really NEEDS it
    Something I found is that if you let people and you don't have boundaries, literally within a few days you could have everyone else out there take over your whole life. Everyone's got a cause, an issue, a problem, they need money, whatever.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I blame gun owners. They don't show up to vote on crucial elections and they don't contribute time and money where it's needed. The NRA has approximately five million members, the GOA with couple of hundred thousand. There are approximately one hundred million or more gun owners in the USA. That's less than ten percent who contribute to the cause if you add the state groups and other small organizations. Gun owners are freeloaders. They depend on a small group of dedicated individuals to support the rest. Blame gun owners if you feel that you are losing rights and precious pieces of plastic to attach to your bargain basement piece together AR15's.
    Agreed.
    Small notation, I believe the GOA is up to 1.5 million+ members.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Agreed.
    Small notation, I believe the GOA is up to 1.5 million+ members.
    Yes, if we include the new members that you personally and generously paid for...
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast