Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: how do we fix the nra ?

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    But I'm sure he would have the same issue, he's got only so much time and energy available and there is an expense involved.

People often think that they own these public people and that they should do stuff for free, but everyone only has limited time, energy and money, no matter who they are.
    I am not saying he would, could or should show up, I just think he's more relevant to the time.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Yes, if we include the new members that you personally and generously paid for...
    Wasn't just me, lots of guys contributed to the GOA membership fund, and my thanks goes out to all of them.
    Gotta start with individual 2A drops to make a 2A ocean.

As always, I fully agree with everything you posted in the thread, and I appreciate your posting it.

Uncle J has also been writing some really good stuff lately.
    He sounds more and more like our potential 2A grassroots political candidate.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I conducted a membership drive for the NRA last year at arfcom. I donated a bunch and others kicked in. 87 memberships total.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...ed-/5-2085431/
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Washington County)

The NRA did a real good job of informing the POTUS that the Bump stock Ban and Reg Flag Laws were negatives. They also did a good job of informing the POTUS about the negatives of his nominee for AG. They have done a terrific job of stopping legislators from supporting bad laws. They also did a real good job of supporting a POTUS candidate who has in the past supported gun bans, but when he need gun owner votes he suddenly got pro-gun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I conducted a membership drive for the NRA last year at arfcom. I donated a bunch and others kicked in. 87 memberships total.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...ed-/5-2085431/
    Your NRA membership drive thread was extremely helpful as a guide when I started the GOA membership drive.
    Thank you for your continuous effort to protect the 2A.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kline
    You just are not going to find any balls-to-the-walls pro-gun group that is going to have the power and influence of the NRA. So your choices come down to (a) trying to sabotage the NRA while knowing that you're hurting most gun owners, or (b) Quixotically working to influence the NRA's goals despite the vast majority of NRA members disagreeing with you, or (c) support the NRA (or at least be quiet about your angst) and ALSO support alternative national groups like GOA. Maybe kick in a few bucks to the state groups, too.
    I love this country in that I can disagree with you fully.

My analysis of the situation is that if I send money to the NRA- it may or may not be spent on ILA programs that are actually fighting infringements across the country. My money will go towards that end (fighting infringements) if I donate to Gun Owners of America. That is what I am going to do- and that most certainly is not up for discussion.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post

My analysis of the situation is that if I send money to the NRA- it may or may not be spent on ILA programs that are actually fighting infringements across the country. My money will go towards that end (fighting infringements) if I donate to Gun Owners of America. That is what I am going to do- and that most certainly is not up for discussion.
    People won't trust each other but will blindly send money to strangers"nra" in Hope's thag they will do good by you.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

The NRA just sent me my 4th email asking me to renew. You'd think they would be smart and start sending emails regarding the elephant in the room. You know, the fact that they are loosing members every day and try to campaign for a reboot. Nope.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post

What part of what I wrote do you disagree with? Send money to the GOA, that's fine. The GOA doesn't have anywhere near the power or influence of the NRA, like I said. So you can donate to GOA, then either work to sabotage the NRA, or be quiet about your dissatisfaction, or work to change the NRA. Like I said.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    What part of what I wrote do you disagree with? Send money to the GOA, that's fine. The GOA doesn't have anywhere near the power or influence of the NRA, like I said. So you can donate to GOA, then either work to sabotage the NRA, or be quiet about your dissatisfaction, or work to change the NRA. Like I said.
    I don't have time to say much, but if you can't see how you are pushing people away from the NRA with your posts, I thought I'd mention it, because you are.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast