Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Angry how do we fix the nra ?

do we have to start calling and writing letters to the nra to get them to stop supporting gun control .
    like red flag laws and bump stocks . it is getting nuts .

Default Re: how do we fix the nra ?

You can't fix them. After the membership revolted in 1977, they made it so that we can't. The board is powerless and our life member votes don't matter. The only ones with real power are LaPierre, Cox, and a few others.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    You can't fix them. After the membership revolted in 1977, they made it so that we can't. The board is powerless and our life member votes don't matter. The only ones with real power are LaPierre, Cox, and a few others.
    This^

Take off in your space ship and Nuke it from orbit, it's really the only way!

Honestly when they are taking on an actual case that will involve lawyers and manpower I send and will CONTINUE to send money directly to the NRA-ILA which is the legislative branch. I am a life member but I don't send anymore money to the plain old NRA since I have my fill of cheap shit Chinese trinkets and can no longer afford to finance Wayne's golf outings and lunch dates.

I am very unsettled with Trumps swamp thing pick for the new AG , apparently he said he is for "assault weapon" aka common semi auto bans and red flag laws which delighted Feinstein. I have received several emails from the GOA regarding this and none from the NRA. Maybe this is something or maybe it's another nothing burger but it would be nice to know where they stand based on the comments made by Barr both past and present.

But 3D chess and all, and yes I know I'm apart of the problem for having my own individual thoughts and stuff.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 17th, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

(Blair County)

if the nra is supporting red flag laws so is the ila

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Take off in your space ship and Nuke it from orbit, it's really the only way!

Honestly when they are taking on an actual case that will involve lawyers and manpower I send and will CONTINUE to send money directly to the NRA-ILA which is the legislative branch. I am a life member but I don't send anymore money to the plain old NRA since I have my fill of cheap shit Chinese trinkets and can't afford to finance Wayne's golf outings and lunch dates.

I am very unsettled with Trumps pick for the new AG and apparently he said he is for "assault weapon" aka common semi auto bans and red flag laws and apparently this delighted Feinstein. I have received several emails from the GOA regarding this and none from the NRA. Maybe this is something or maybe it's another nothing burger but it would be nice to know where they stand based on the comments made by Barr past and present.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

ALSO. I think we should have a rifle open carry rally at NRA headquarters.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Define "fix". Any group of 5 million or more is never going to be able to 100% satisfy all members, as anyone who's ever tried to pick a movie or restaurant with 5 other people can tell you. It's about getting the most done for the most members. Helping gun clubs, designing ranges, teaching kids to shoot, being the designated target of Schumer and Bloomberg and Pelosi and Feinstein and Brady and other fascist loons.

My guess would be that most NRA members don't really care about bump stocks, that there are more NRA members than bump stocks ever sold (and a lot of stocks were bought by non-NRA members); and that most NRA members have reasonably stable families and relationships so the "red flag" laws aren't a concern.

Extremism in the name of liberty may be no vice (per Goldwater), but it's still extremism, and extremism seldom dominates any non-left-wing group. Look at how the DNC looks these days, where their extremism has alienated most traditional Americans so they have to import ignorant 3rd World dregs to vote for them illegally.

You just are not going to find any balls-to-the-walls pro-gun group that is going to have the power and influence of the NRA. So your choices come down to (a) trying to sabotage the NRA while knowing that you're hurting most gun owners, or (b) Quixotically working to influence the NRA's goals despite the vast majority of NRA members disagreeing with you, or (c) support the NRA (or at least be quiet about your angst) and ALSO support alternative national groups like GOA. Maybe kick in a few bucks to the state groups, too.

I'm all about adult debate of issues. I'm not supportive of childish sabotage. Don't try to kill the NRA out of peevish frustration, not without a solid replacement lined up. You wouldn't force 500 passengers off a leaky ship if your lifeboats can only handle 20 of them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

I think the NRA's current strategy is to focus on new shooters and making gun ownership more common place and accepted. We need more shooters, hunters, gun owners. That means bringing people into the fold that may not hold all the other political beliefs of the "typical" gun owner. Women on Target and other clinics are perfect for it. I've seen it first hand so for now, I'm supporting them as much as can.

Quote Originally Posted by mjporreca View Post
    I think the NRA's current strategy is to focus on new shooters and making gun ownership more common place and accepted. We need more shooters, hunters, gun owners. That means bringing people into the fold that may not hold all the other political beliefs of the "typical" gun owner. Women on Target and other clinics are perfect for it. I've seen it first hand so for now, I'm supporting them as much as can.
    1st off this was the original intent of the NRA before they became a lobbyist group. They never backed off this or left it as they offer many programs and help to new range facilities and industry related events.

while it all sounds great, it's going to get kind of hard to introduce new shooters to the sport when states keep banning guns and directly violating the constitutional rights of its citizens like increasing the age of long arm ownership. Again the new AG isn't giving off good feelings along with the NEW Congress leadership, we maybe in for a hell of a ride.

Hey bolt actions, pump actions, and 5 shot revolvers are fun too! Especially for 3 gun events.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 17th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

(Blair County)

it just seams that every time there is a new gun control thing there for a watered down version like the red flag laws .
    we should be trying to push back not retreat .

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast