Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: how do we fix the nra ?

The only way to "fix" the NRA.
    Is to vote with our $$.

The NRA can keep counting me as a member.
    BUT they no longer get any $$ from me; and it's the other 2A organizations that get my $$.

Currently; in my opinion; the only viable, national, pro 2A organization that stands any chance of becoming close to the size of the NRA; is GOA.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    The only way to "fix" the NRA.
    Is to vote with our $$.

The NRA can keep counting me as a member.
    BUT they no longer get any $$ from me; and it's the other 2A organizations that get my $$.

Currently; in my opinion; the only viable, national, pro 2A organization that stands any chance of becoming close to the size of the NRA; is GOA.
    The GOA seem like fine folks, but they have somewhere between 300K and 1.5 million members (depending on the source), paying $20 per year; the NRA has over 5 million, either life members or paying $35 per year.

My advice is to support both, they have different goals and all of those goals benefit us. The GOA brags it's a "no-compromise" group, the NRA has many members of Congress who fear to cross them. At a minimum, GOA helps make the NRA look mainstream, and provides cover for those politicians who don't want to look "extreme".
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; January 17th, 2019 at 03:26 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The GOA seem like fine folks, but they have somewhere between 300K and 1.5 million members (depending on the source), paying $20 per year; the NRA has over 5 million, either life members or paying $35 per year.

My advice is to support both, they have different goals and all of those goals benefit us. The GOA brags it's a "non-compromise" group, the NRA has many members of Congress who fear to cross them. At a minimum, GOA helps make the NRA look mainstream, and provides cover for those politicians who don't want to look "extreme".
    Hence my:
    ...stands any chance of becoming close to the size...
    Supporting both equally; will not make the NRA change their ways of screwing us then asking us for $$ to fix their screw-up.
    The NRA has become a corporation. And the only thing that makes corporations respond is $$; or lack there of.
    --ET

(Allegheny County)

politicians who don't want to look "extreme".
    At this point in the war against the second amendment, the line in the sand is pretty much drawn . Pro 2A politicians Stand with us openly or get the f*** out of the way that goes for trump too!
    Last edited by K.C.; January 17th, 2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    At this point in the war against the second amendment, the line in the sand is pretty much drawn . Pro 2A politicians Stand with us openly or get the f*** out of the way that goes foe trump too!
    I could identify a dozen "lines in the sand", and none of them has a majority of gun owners. There are gun-owning Fudds and anarchists, and they're all sincere.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

My advice is to support both, they have different goals and all of those goals benefit us...GOA helps make the NRA look mainstream, and provides cover for those politicians who don't want to look "extreme".
    I 100% agree

(Lancaster County)

Fix?

In the veterinary sense?

NRA has been pretty much self-neutering over the last decade or so.

I'm hoping that someone there will alter the course, but I'm not holding my breath.

Their fat purse seems to have taken away any sense of urgency for much of anything besides selling trinkets and insurance.

Hope I'm incorrect.

(Wayne County)

My though is what has the NRA done for us in getting our liberties back? They’ve stopped some things from going thru but where is national reciprocity? I not only blame them but the Republicans that lie to get elected and do nothing once in. Anyone seen Preemption reintroduced in Harrisburg? They all talk a good line of horse crap.

(Chester County)

I do support the NRA but am disappointed that Adam Kraut hasn't been elected during the last two years of voting. He's smart, an attorney, brings new blood, and a fanatic 2A supporter. Maybe better luck this year???

Even so, I always take time to grind through their most recently available income tax returns. Yes, I've been a CPA for 40 years...

Here is the 5,000 foot fly-by of the NRA's 2016 tax return:

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/530116130

Here is their detailed tax return for 2016 (keep scrolling down and you'll eventually find the programs they supported, the service-providers they retained, executive compensation, etc:

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300507/IRS990

For those here who support GOA, here's the 5,000 foot fly-by for GOA in 2016:

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/521256643

And here's the detailed tax return for GOA in 2016:

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300700/IRS990
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

send them a pair of balls and tell them to use them for once

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast