Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Magpul getting into CZ scorpion!

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I own an MPX, MP5 and the CZ Scorpion. The Scorpion feels lighter then all three. The scorpion is better then my MPX suppressed.
    If I had to pick one, it would be the scorpion. Not only a more simple design but it the cheapest out of the three and very affordable to mod.

Franklin armory trigger = but there are cheaper ways to fix the trigger pull.
    Even cheaper + dude cracks me up

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

Must get me one of these

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Even cheaper + dude cracks me up
    Easy and safer way to get it out if yours is welded.
    Last edited by :-); January 18th, 2019 at 07:47 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    the grip is a welcome change, not sure if mags are hard to come by but the scorpion is still an absurdly heavy pistol with an awful trigger & that safety was clearly designed by an s&m enthusiast.

they really don't have much going for them right out of the box.
    Well there's only one reason it's a pistol. It's meant to be an SBR. You forget the 'horrible' trigger when you have a stock.

And concerning the trigger. Ditto on below.

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I own an MPX, MP5 and the CZ Scorpion. The Scorpion feels lighter then all three. The scorpion is better then my MPX suppressed.
    If I had to pick one, it would be the scorpion. Not only a more simple design but it the cheapest out of the three and very affordable to mod.

Franklin armory trigger = but there are cheaper ways to fix the trigger pull.
    Agreed. IF money were no object, I'd go MP5 for the classic look (with a sear), but for less than 1/2 the price of a clone or 1/4 the price of an HK semi, the EVO is tough to beat.

I have both the MPX and Scorpion.

I agree the Scorpion is meant to be an SBR and import restrictions are why they were imported as pistols and now carbines.

Mine was one of the first SBRs registered in the USA, going on 4 years ago now, and it has had 0 malfunctions. I did the HBI trigger springs and one of their aftermarket triggered which made it much better.

I believe the MPX is also meant to be an SBR, and although I like it a lot, if I had to pick one, it would be the Scorpion. In fact, because the Scorpion is a proven weapon system in use with foreign militaries and police, and it has proven itself to me, it currently serves as my night stand gun.

In fact, look what was deployed in that Kenya terror manhunt the other day.

[IMG]https://scontent.fagc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/50677088_1619481864864829_4964483677321953280_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.*** c3-1.fna&oh=c6e8ad04d8c48ca05f4f5e2930e8ae61&oe=5CC4E AE0[/IMG]

Sigs CS has always been good, but CZs has also been fantastic. When I first got my Scorpion, I really boogered up the safety and the lower, and CZ replaced the entire lower, no questions asked. The downside is I lost my original Laugo marked lower because it was in that time that Laugo and CZ had a falling out.

Anyway, I'm glad the aftermarket really took off for the Scorpion and it's great to see a big name like Magpul jumping in.

I just can't figure out why Scorpion mags are only 20 dollars vs the MPX mags that are 50+.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

for less than 1/2 the price of a clone or 1/4 the price of an HK semi, the EVO is tough to beat.
    In 2015, sure. plenty of better options currently. I will reiterate what I said: once you change the grip, trigger, safety + a brace or stock, they're... just stellar.

So it is great to see Magpul support, Evo owners could use some more options.
    Last edited by mixednuts; January 18th, 2019 at 09:16 AM.

I love my scorpion evo sbr. Only shot it once as a pistol and I agree it’s sucks in that format. It’s meant to be an sbr and I got mine with that intention. One of my favorite suppressed guns.

I have the HBI spring and yetiwurks adjustable trigger. For $48, it’s a pretty damn good trigger.. not as nice as a Geissele but trust me and get the adjustable trigger and spring.

Also, yetiwurks just had a sale on their switchback grip for $20. If you didn’t take advantage of that, you fucked up.

Looking forward to the magpul mags and mag release. The grip looks meh but I may try it out.

(Pike County)

I am watching Shot Show and I saw they came out with a bullpup stock for the CZ Carbine, looks interesting. (Go to 0:40 for the bullpup)

Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12