Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS Three day show Feb 8- 9-10, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Someone should check out the Golf show..............

Then report back on how many Jerky, pickle, bathroom remodeling, and flea market crap tables they have.
    IMO 100% of the stuff they have there is crap.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I hear ya. I've heard that they don't want to put like products together to force the foot traffic around the place and I believe that that's exactly what they do. I have a really bad memory and like to price shop because there can be big differences in pricing between vendors. When I figure out who I want to buy from I can't remember where they are. I need to take a pen and paper along.
    Theyre forcing the foot traffic to walk around and BROWSE, that's all there doing. People who go to the shows have a solid idea of what they want and no amount of walking around will change that. I'm going today for ammo. I will not be leaving with a .50 rifle I noticed while walking the 2 miles to get ammo. if anything I buy less because I'm so frustrated.
    Last edited by bravo30; February 9th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    Theyre forcing the foot traffic to walk around and BROWSE, that's all there doing. People who go to the shows have a solid idea of what they want and no amount of walking around will change that. I'm going today for ammo. I will not be leaving with a .50 rifle I noticed while walking the 2 miles to get ammo.Tiffany anything I buy less because I'm so frustrated.
    I hear ya! The last time I was at the grocery store I got so pissed off that I made the manager go fetch me a bag of Jax Cheese Twists while I held up the check out line because they've moved them every time I've looked for them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Anyone else think that when the show is in the B/C hall the parking is always a much bigger clusterfuck? Last time when it was in A hall I found a spot in about 15 seconds. Today was like it used to be where it's a 45 minute drive there and an additional 15 minutes to find a parking spot. And then the 1/4 mile walk in subzero wind chills to get inside. Luckily it wasn't crowded. I ended up leaving with a box of 147gr HST and a half case of Wolf Gold 223 for a Rockwell Tactical carbine class I have in a month and a half. I'm thinking between the big show a month away and the Outdoor show a couple hours away, both people and vendors skipped this time but will be back.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    Anyone else think that when the show is in the B/C hall the parking is always a much bigger clusterfuck? Last time when it was in A hall I found a spot in about 15 seconds. Today was like it used to be where it's a 45 minute drive there and an additional 15 minutes to find a parking spot. And then the 1/4 mile walk in subzero wind chills to get inside. Luckily it wasn't crowded. I ended up leaving with a box of 147gr HST and a half case of Wolf Gold 223 for a Rockwell Tactical carbine class I have in a month and a half. I'm thinking between the big show a month away and the Outdoor show a couple hours away, both people and vendors skipped this time but will be back.
    Go in the back way and park farther out.

I had to be quick on my feet to keep from getting run over though. You people think the jerky and pickles are going to sell out the first morning?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    While a vendor layout map sounds like a good idea; in practicality it would not work well. The main reason being is that while the show promoter has a fair idea beforehand where the various vendors will be placed; that layout can, and frequently does, change. Some vendors don't show, some ask to be placed elsewhere or get more or fewer tables than scheduled and need to be relocated. As a result an accurate vendor map is just not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Will you have any of those berettas I was looking at while buying that green sig?
    Thanks for everything, good seeing you all again.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Well, I tried. When I finished my business in Pottstown, I figured I’d stop at Oaks. Pulled in, went around to where the show entrance was...and seeing how far I had the park from the entrance...let’s just say I didn’t get out of the car.

To the good; my experience at Laserworx was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Well, I tried. When I finished my business in Pottstown, I figured I’d stop at Oaks. Pulled in, went around to where the show entrance was...and seeing how far I had the park from the entrance...let’s just say I didn’t get out of the car.

To the good; my experience at Laserworx was excellent.
    I have used Laserworx a few times. They are great.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    My opinion differs, I found H&K mags for $50 and feel like I should have bought the whole lot but I have a policy of only buying one or two of them at a time unless they're really, really, I mean REALLY cheap, like $5.00. Plus, I agree with abner that the Holsinger's bacon is pretty good stuff. If you need lesson on cooking it that's in another thread. And $7.00 ammo cans are still in abundance. I should have gotten another since...I still need one more.
    The vendor at the back of the hall by the pickles had nicer ammo cans than the guy just inside the door at the front. Ammo cans worked well for carrying pickles.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    The vendor at the back of the hall by the pickles had nicer ammo cans than the guy just inside the door at the front. Ammo cans worked well for carrying pickles.
    I believe the vendor selling them is "Priority One Surplus" who has a shop in Hamburg, PA across the street from Cabelas...

Picked up four 50's ($7 each) and six 30's ($5 each), all grade one condition. Thankfully I brought a dolly along and strapped the cans to it - after I stuffed a 30 cal can (took off the lid, then put the 30 can and it's lid into the 50) which then made for reasonably manageable transport. Great storage boxes for nearly anything - all you gotta do is label them...
    - bamboomaster

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast