Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: OAKS Three day show Feb 8- 9-10, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Thinking of picking up some more ammo cans...prices sound real good. Which vendor did you pick yours from?

Thanks in advance.
    I wasn't looking for them at first so I may have missed a vendor or two but there are two vendors in the hall to left when you enter. One is right there at the end of the second isle I think it is and if you walk back that isle to the end and hang a right there's another one back there somewhere. The ones up front are a little rough and the ones in the back are cleaner. I was already near the door before I decided to grab one so I dug through the rough ones and got one that was on the better side. Their prices are the same AFAIK.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Another +1 for Laserworx, they have done a bunch of stuff for me and are great.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wasn't looking for them at first so I may have missed a vendor or two but there are two vendors in the hall to left when you enter. One is right there at the end of the second isle I think it is and if you walk back that isle to the end and hang a right there's another one back there somewhere. The ones up front are a little rough and the ones in the back are cleaner. I was already near the door before I decided to grab one so I dug through the rough ones and got one that was on the better side. Their prices are the same AFAIK.
    Thanks for the info and location...looks like some cans are in my future. Can never have enough...to fill.

Went with a friend yesterday. It was kind of last minute. I picked up some little things that were not to heavy to carry. My friend and his GF both bought pistols.

The one thig I noticed that seems to be at every gun show is, some people are allergic to soap.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post

The one thig I noticed that seems to be at every gun show is, some people are allergic to soap.
    Fat smelly rednecks are part of the experience.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the info and location...looks like some cans are in my future. Can never have enough...to fill.
    Out of coursity, what cans did you get, and what did you pay?
    Just got 6 30 cal. cans, condition 2 ( the best con 2's if very seen), from the AmmoCanMan. for $60.00, shipping included.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Fat smelly rednecks are part of the experience.
    Soap aversion does not seem to be limited to any one group or venue :|

I probably told this story before.
    Many years ago while working construction, I used to bring a bar of soap and take a birdbath before lunch.
    I started doing it because I was working with some noxious stuff on that particular job.
    The entire crew busted my balls and generally had a great time at my expense for being such a Nancy.
    By the end of the job 90% of the crew was borrowing my soap so they could wash up too :0
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I know I'm lucky because I am retired and can go when I want to but...I come in from the west, get off at the Collegeville exit (Route 29), come down the back roads, through the village of Oaks and in right at BJ's inlet. 1500 is good time go get there because the early arrivals are leaving and they had up front parking spaces. I had to walk eeee 100 yds to the no-line entrance and went right in. Oh, and it's a Friday thing for me.
    Damn that’s when I was there. Where are those hats?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Out of coursity, what cans did you get, and what did you pay?
    Just got 6 30 cal. cans, condition 2 ( the best con 2's if very seen), from the AmmoCanMan. for $60.00, shipping included.
    I picked up two of the 20mm cans for 25 and four of the 30cal cans for 5/can. These were grade 1 and super clean. Look like they were used just once and stored. The vendor is a regular but I did not know he was the one that had these cans until I went to his location as referenced by Walleye Hunter. He will be back in March with a whole new assortment.

I usually get my cans from the surplus guy who sets up in the front entrance area to the left as you walk in. Lately his selection has been rough. There was another guy who was a family type affair with his kids helping out...he had real nice cans but no discount.

(Chester County)

I picked up two of the 20mm cans for 25 and four of the 30cal cans for 5/can. These were grade 1 and super clean. Look like they were used just once and stored. The vendor is a regular but I did not know he was the one that had these cans until I went to his location as referenced by Walleye Hunter. He will be back in March with a whole new assortment.

I usually get my cans from the surplus guy who sets up in the front entrance area to the left as you walk in. Lately his selection has been rough. There was another guy who was a family type affair with his kids helping out...he had real nice cans but no discount.
    Notwithstanding the numerous purveyors of beef jerky, pickles, and bacon, I think you got the best deal at the show...

And you can store all kinds of nuts, bolts, screws, etc. in'em too!

The "missus" has a thing for Asher's dark sea-salt chocolate. When the production cosmetic rejects periodically go on sale at half price, I usually fill up two 50's and keep them in cold storage in the basement. She's very disciplined (only 1 a day), but can't begin to imagine a world without chocolate....
    - bamboomaster

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast