Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: OAKS Three day show Feb 8- 9-10, 2019

While a vendor layout map sounds like a good idea; in practicality it would not work well. The main reason being is that while the show promoter has a fair idea beforehand where the various vendors will be placed; that layout can, and frequently does, change. Some vendors don't show, some ask to be placed elsewhere or get more or fewer tables than scheduled and need to be relocated. As a result an accurate vendor map is just not possible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    While a vendor layout map sounds like a good idea; in practicality it would not work well. The main reason being is that while the show promoter has a fair idea beforehand where the various vendors will be placed; that layout can, and frequently does, change. Some vendors don't show, some ask to be placed elsewhere or get more or fewer tables than scheduled and need to be relocated. As a result an accurate vendor map is just not possible.
    Will you have any of those berettas I was looking at while buying that green sig?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    They should mix all of the shows together in all of the halls.

Scary black rifles at this table, 5 irons at the next table’and peace pipes at the table after that.

Just don’t forget the pickles, jerky and massages.
    i wish they would have all of the ammo in 1 section that way i dont have to walk around the entire building looking for a decent deal. i leave every time frustrated with money in my pocket.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    i wish they would have all of the ammo in 1 section that way i dont have to walk around the entire building looking for a decent deal. i leave every time frustrated with money in my pocket.
    I decided not to go this weekend. Full price for a half size show with the golf bullshit going on, and I ended up with a cold. Hard pass.
    They are back next month with a 2000 table show for the same price.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    I hear ya. I've heard that they don't want to put like products together to force the foot traffic around the place and I believe that that's exactly what they do. I have a really bad memory and like to price shop because there can be big differences in pricing between vendors. When I figure out who I want to buy from I can't remember where they are. I need to take a pen and paper along.
    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I decided not to go this weekend. Full price for a half size show with the golf bullshit going on, and I ended up with a cold. Hard pass.
    They are back next month with a 2000 table show for the same price.
    I don't think it was too bad there. IMO most guns there are overpriced but ammo and accessories can be good deals. People were buying today.

I got one more ammo can (since that's all I ever need) a lb of bacon, some targets and a fair buy on a mag. I could have gotten more mags but I control myself on those.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Didn't have anything I needed to do today so i took a ride to the show. It's been a long time since I have been to one. Not really having anything in mind but ammo cans and the pickles everyone talks about, that's all I came home with. Wasn't crowded at all. There were a few empty tables. I didn't really see anything that struct me as a good deal.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Chester County)

I went yesterday. My money was pretty safe, since prices on new guns aren't much better than my local gun shop. Tried to buy a Mauser action, but the vendor wanted to do a background check, which was not worth it to me. Apparently a C&R license is only good for a complete gun, but not a receiver?

(Philadelphia County)

I went yesterday completely not worth it

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    I went yesterday completely not worth it
    My opinion differs, I found H&K mags for $50 and feel like I should have bought the whole lot but I have a policy of only buying one or two of them at a time unless they're really, really, I mean REALLY cheap, like $5.00. Plus, I agree with abner that the Holsinger's bacon is pretty good stuff. If you need lesson on cooking it that's in another thread. And $7.00 ammo cans are still in abundance. I should have gotten another since...I still need one more.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Someone should check out the Golf show..............

Then report back on how many Jerky, pickle, bathroom remodeling, and flea market crap tables they have.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast