Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Elk County)

Default 3" Ruger LCRx in 22 WMR

I have been considering a second 22 mag revolver to supplement my time proven Charter Pathfinder snubbie. The Charter has a wonderful trigger pull and letoff and it shows in accuracy. Recently I came across a 3" LCRx in 22 mag and it spoke to me. The trigger pulls require significantly more force than the Charter, but I do like the Ruger's light weight, 3" barrel, and comfortable rubber grip. Holstered, I imagine I will forget it is on my hip..I have not fired it, but I want to lube the lockwork and do some dry firing with 22 mag snap caps first.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 3" Ruger LCRx in 22 WMR

I would like to see how this turns out ! Sounds like a decent SHF gun if it works well...
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

Default Re: 3" Ruger LCRx in 22 WMR

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    I have been considering a second 22 mag revolver to supplement my time proven Charter Pathfinder snubbie. The Charter has a wonderful trigger pull and letoff and it shows in accuracy. Recently I came across a 3" LCRx in 22 mag and it spoke to me. The trigger pulls require significantly more force than the Charter, but I do like the Ruger's light weight, 3" barrel, and comfortable rubber grip. Holstered, I imagine I will forget it is on my hip..I have not fired it, but I want to lube the lockwork and do some dry firing with 22 mag snap caps first.
    The trigger pull on the 22lr/22 WMR LCR and LCRx is heavy on purpose. It's meant to be so in order to reliably ignite rimfire ammo. There are stories over on the Ruger forum of folks trying to lighten the trigger pull, only to have light strikes as a result. Most folks just live with it or buy the GP100 or SP101 in 22lr. Both have nicer trigger pulls than the LCR/LCRx, but that won't help you with 22 WMR, however.