Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: I bought a Taurus G2C

Where do you guys buy extra magazines for it? I've seen the 12 round mags pretty much the same price everywhere at around $30. Gun mag warehouse usually have a better selection than midwayUSA or brownells but their shipping is more expensive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Where do you guys buy extra magazines for it? I've seen the 12 round mags pretty much the same price everywhere at around $30. Gun mag warehouse usually have a better selection than midwayUSA or brownells but their shipping is more expensive as well.
    Taurus mags are always more scares and pricy. Try CDNN, Copes Distributing, Optics Planet, and Botach.

(Philadelphia County)

So cool thing i just found... there is a guy on ebay (keep_tinkering) he has youtube videos and he makes an aftermarket trigger for the G2 and G2C that eliminates long take up (it does not have the middle safety finger thing and it eliminates 2nd strike capability) but it is a flat faced trigger (which i like)...

I just ordered one ($30) and plan on installing.

Thanks OP for making me revisit this.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    So cool thing i just found... there is a guy on ebay (keep_tinkering) he has youtube videos and he makes an aftermarket trigger for the G2 and G2C that eliminates long take up (it does not have the middle safety finger thing and it eliminates 2nd strike capability) but it is a flat faced trigger (which i like)...

I just ordered one ($30) and plan on installing.

Thanks OP for making me revisit this.
    That middle thingy on the trigger is a drop safety which eliminates inertia firing. I would think twice before altering the intended function of a firearm by using cheap parts from some guy on eBay who bares no liability.

In other words I think your nuts.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That middle thingy on the trigger is a drop safety which eliminates inertia firing. I would think twice before altering the intended function of a firearm by using cheap parts from some guy on eBay who bares no liability.

In other words I think your nuts.
    But!! he has youtube videos ...so what could go wrong!

I purchased a big name flat faced trigger shoe only for my Glock 43 and when I installed the gun would fire when the side of the trigger was depressed without the trigger safety. I bought an armors plate and sure as shit it defeated the internal safeties too. I took a video and sent it to AIM Surplus and the manufacturer. Got my money back didn’t want a replacement and I learned that just changing the geometry of a trigger shoe can change everything. No more aftermarket crap for me on the important parts of my handguns.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Taurus mags are always more scares and pricy. Try CDNN, Copes Distributing, Optics Planet, and Botach.
    Absolutely. If you find any mags for it buy what you can.

I have yet to find a place that has spares for the 809. Taurus is awful for mags, they make minor changes to them every time they update a gun so that there is no interchangeability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12