Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Magpul Exec. Duane Liptak open letter about the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    She's a shitty ambassador of "togetherness".

I finally clicked on the link in the op...

I'm not even going to read it.

It starts out with a visual insult right off the bat. Way to go, idiot!

And we all know that when you hear the word "BUT", everything before the "but" is bullshit.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    If you want to unite people, try harder, because you royally suck at it.
    You're discounting the words of a man that actively fights for 2A rights. Not just with phone calls, emails or op-eds. This is a man that puts millions on the line, I would suggest not discounting him so quickly.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    You're discounting the words of a man that actively fights for 2A rights. Not just with phone calls, emails or op-eds. This is a man that puts millions on the line, I would suggest not discounting him so quickly.
    Ooops. I read that as "Dianne".
    He should use some of that money to have someone teach him how to interact with people without alienating them.

I'm not in the "I hate the NRA" camp, but I'm still not interested in reading something that's presented in that manner.

I don't personally know any ANTIFA members, but from what I see and read about them, they seem like a group of sheep who parrot the same shallow thoughts, who disregard details and practical reality. They feel entitled to whatever they want, and if they don't get exactly what they demand, then they want to burn the world down and break things and destroy what others have built, I guess with some notion that a new world will magically replace what they've destroyed. And they make a lot of noise trying to get others to agree with them, probably because they aren't all that convinced by their own simple arguments, and it would comfort them if smarter and more experienced people agreed with them

Seems like there are a lot of anti-Trumpers and anti-NRA people who come from the same mold.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Resistance is futile...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I am a life member however I won't send anymore money to the NRA, I will send as needed donations to the NRA-ILA directly when I know they are actively engaged in a legal fight. To be fair I will also do the same with the GOA, and the FOAC.
    I support what the ILA does...not so sure about how the rest of those blowhards are doing. Complacent and fat...breeds arrogance and a lack of giving a shit. Until they start bleeding cash and have nothing much to offer...other than an apology and a board member spilling the beans.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    He also walks the walk. He told Colorado "fuck you" and packed up his multi-million dollar business and left. He's given away magazines in states that had capacity restrictions coming. He's banned sales to law enforcement that doesn't swear to uphold the 2A. I don't see him defending the NRA if the NRA isn't defending us.
    I've never knocked him otherwise, only that he's going to tell it in a positive spin for the NRA. I thought the article/editorial was a bit rambling.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I support what the ILA does...not so sure about how the rest of those blowhards are doing. Complacent and fat...breeds arrogance and a lack of giving a shit. Until they start bleeding cash and have nothing much to offer...other than an apology and a board member spilling the beans.
    I gave to the NRA ILA last year. The rest of the NRA seems a bit bloated and needs some new energy at the top.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I don't personally know any ANTIFA members, but from what I see and read about them, they seem like a group of sheep who parrot the same shallow thoughts, who disregard details and practical reality. They feel entitled to whatever they want, and if they don't get exactly what they demand, then they want to burn the world down and break things and destroy what others have built, I guess with some notion that a new world will magically replace what they've destroyed. And they make a lot of noise trying to get others to agree with them, probably because they aren't all that convinced by their own simple arguments, and it would comfort them if smarter and more experienced people agreed with them

Seems like there are a lot of anti-Trumpers and anti-NRA people who come from the same mold.
    I've always looked at any politician or organization as I'll give them kudos when they do right and criticize them when they are wrong. What the NRA or Trump does right, I am happy to contribute to and applaud, when they veer off track I'll criticize and/or withhold financial support. It's the same with any business as well. To do otherwise would seem to be shallow, disregarding details and facts and practical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I've always looked at any politician or organization as I'll give them kudos when they do right and criticize them when they are wrong. What the NRA or Trump does right, I am happy to contribute to and applaud, when they veer off track I'll criticize and/or withhold financial support. It's the same with any business as well. To do otherwise would seem to be shallow, disregarding details and facts and practical reality.
    I agree with that. My complaint is about those who falsely claim that the NRA keeps supporting more restrictions on gun rights, when the reality is that the NRA aims to strike a balance between what we deserve under the Constitution and what is possible given today's politics. No member of Congress is going to stand up and demand that it be easier for the mentally ill to get guns, or argue that people need machineguns for home defense (I know it's not about "needs", but try to embrace the reality.) The constituency for "any guns for anybody" is tiny, the political cost for the attempt is fatal.

We can't even get deregulated silencers, in a country that mandates mufflers on cars. If OSHA were in charge, silencers would be mandatory, at least for police and security guards who use guns at work. But there's no political leverage to get it.

Look, a perfect bicycle would weigh zero pounds, but in the real world you just get the lightest one you can afford. I have no idea what perfect gun legislation would be, we don't even agree about that here on a gun forum, where some of you favor letting felons go right from the prison to a gun shop after their 20 year sentence for triple homicide is over, and others think that there are some (kids, violent criminals, the dangerously mentally ill, illegal aliens) who shouldn't be unsupervised and shouldn't have access to weapons. The NRA can't possibly be 100% in sync with all gun owners. They're just more effective than any other organization except for AARP and the ABA.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I agree with that. My complaint is about those who falsely claim that the NRA keeps supporting more restrictions on gun rights, when the reality is that the NRA aims to strike a balance between what we deserve under the Constitution and what is possible given today's politics. No member of Congress is going to stand up and demand that it be easier for the mentally ill to get guns, or argue that people need machineguns for home defense (I know it's not about "needs", but try to embrace the reality.) The constituency for "any guns for anybody" is tiny, the political cost for the attempt is fatal.

We can't even get deregulated silencers, in a country that mandates mufflers on cars. If OSHA were in charge, silencers would be mandatory, at least for police and security guards who use guns at work. But there's no political leverage to get it.

Look, a perfect bicycle would weigh zero pounds, but in the real world you just get the lightest one you can afford. I have no idea what perfect gun legislation would be, we don't even agree about that here on a gun forum, where some of you favor letting felons go right from the prison to a gun shop after their 20 year sentence for triple homicide is over, and others think that there are some (kids, violent criminals, the dangerously mentally ill, illegal aliens) who shouldn't be unsupervised and shouldn't have access to weapons. The NRA can't possibly be 100% in sync with all gun owners. They're just more effective than any other organization except for AARP and the ABA.
    But how does one fight the slow crawl to politically no guns should be allowed? I mean, at some point, the pot will boil over.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast