Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Magpul Exec. Duane Liptak open letter about the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Liptak said God forbid we have another shooting. That's exactly how tenuous the present-day atmosphere is. Just as media uses every opportunity to blame trump, it applies the same formula to paint the NRA as responsible. In diabolical reporting, the stronger the NRA, the more to blame it is. It is a weird paradigm of a strengthening becoming its own destruction.

Liptak's saying no organization but the NRA is part of the conversation is very disheartening. He is saying, in effect, money going to GOA and the like is not resulting in what the NRA accomplishes, yet encourages sending those organizations money. That's a bit difficult to reconcile.

I believe he is quite correct that the elected officials only want what helps gain re-election, and issues they can convert to leverage for accomplishing other wins. As such, the NRA needs to educate the public to see "our side". The public, being the electors, is the loudest conversant.

Educating the public translates to conversion of entrenched anti-gunners. A tall order indeed. The NRA vs Fake News. 300 Spartans comes to mind.
    Keep in mind who the source is, someone from the BoD of NRA. Obviously he's going to blow the trumpet of the NRA and rain on everything else.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I'm seeing a wave of childish anti-NRA, anti-Trump tantrums all over the Web, and I don't know how many of them are bots or paid trolls.
    Do you think if you post links to such behavior from forums that perhaps we could address / respond to the rants on their forums?

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    Do you think if you post links to such behavior from forums that perhaps we could address / respond to the rants on their forums?
    I am NOT a fan of board wars, and as a mod here I'm not going to set one up.

But those posts are everywhere, including the FB page that borrows our name.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Keep in mind who the source is, someone from the BoD of NRA. Obviously he's going to blow the trumpet of the NRA and rain on everything else.
    He also walks the walk. He told Colorado "fuck you" and packed up his multi-million dollar business and left. He's given away magazines in states that had capacity restrictions coming. He's banned sales to law enforcement that doesn't swear to uphold the 2A. I don't see him defending the NRA if the NRA isn't defending us.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I am NOT a fan of board wars, and as a mod here I'm not going to set one up.

But those posts are everywhere, including the FB page that borrows our name.
    I am not FB literate, but will try to find the page for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    He also walks the walk. He told Colorado "fuck you" and packed up his multi-million dollar business and left. He's given away magazines in states that had capacity restrictions coming. He's banned sales to law enforcement that doesn't swear to uphold the 2A. I don't see him defending the NRA if the NRA isn't defending us.
    This is true. Not knowing the man personally, but knowing of his actions re: Magpul and Colorado's bullshit, his letter and perspective does revive a little confidence in the NRA. I wish it was able to have that same confidence about all of the leadership though.

There are several aspects of NRA's messaging and operations that continue to concern me. I think the NRA BoD needs to be made up of men and women with the same level of public commitment to standing strong for all gun rights, rather than celebrities who can't even be bothered to attend meetings. Personally, I believe that my funds are best directed to other orgs, but I'm not giving up my life membership.

To be clear, we need to build and support all pro-2A orgs and unite. We have another big fight ahead of us. I truly appreciated his encouragement to join other orgs as well. It's been said many times before, but I strongly believe that each of us knows people who own guns or believe that the 2A is important to preserving our liberty who are not members of the NRA, GOA, or any other group. These people may not be aware of what is happening to take away their rights. We can and should encourage them to join these groups so that they can stay informed, get engaged, and vote those who threaten our freedom out of office.

Maybe there's a coworker who you've talked to about a new rifle or 1911. Maybe there's a friend from church that you know hunts or carries, or a family member who you've talked a little politics with and they aren't down with the progressive left. Offer to take them shooting! If they are someone who likes guns, but isn't a member of any org or isn't active, this provides the perfect time to have a chat about the proposed bills and how what they're shooting could be affected by bans, etc. Invite them into the process with you. Maybe offer to pay their first year's membership to your favorite org and do it right then and there, or ask them to attend the Harrisburg rally with you on March 6.

We can all do something to help preserve and strengthen the legacy of the 2nd amendment that we've been graciously given. Let's do it.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Delaware County)

I had been an NRA member for a good part of my adult life up until a little over a year ago. Chose not to renew and put my support and money elsewhere. Thinking I might reconsider supporting them again...some of the comments here have been well stated and to the point, giving me reason to think I might have been a little hasty in my decision to cut them off.

Appreciate the insight you have shared...

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I had been an NRA member for a good part of my adult life up until a little over a year ago. Chose not to renew and put my support and money elsewhere. Thinking I might reconsider supporting them again...some of the comments here have been well stated and to the point, giving me reason to think I might have been a little hasty in my decision to cut them off.

Appreciate the insight you have shared...
    I am a life member however I won't send anymore money to the NRA, I will send as needed donations to the NRA-ILA directly when I know they are actively engaged in a legal fight. To be fair I will also do the same with the GOA, and the FOAC.

(Allegheny County)

She's a shitty ambassador of "togetherness".

I finally clicked on the link in the op...

Comments by NRA Board Member Duane Liptak

Pro-2A NRA Haters Here is an FYI For You

So, it’s relatively popular to bash the NRA right now, and we have a lot of folks in our own community that are happy to jump on that bandwagon. I get it. I don’t like where we are at with the 2A situation, either, and I wish the NRA could yell “Shall not be infringed,” from the mountaintops.

But, through my involvement with the org over the past years, and the insight into the DC and state level situations I’ve unfortunately had to gain about lobbying and managing lobbying efforts, I also understand some things that make me appreciate the strengths of what the NRA actually brings to us, and I felt compelled to share that as a comment on some posts that decried the current state of the NRA. Some folks urged me to make it sharable, so I’m doing so, with some cleaning up of my language.

I'm not even going to read it.

It starts out with a visual insult right off the bat. Way to go, idiot!

And we all know that when you hear the word "BUT", everything before the "but" is bullshit.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    If you want to unite people, try harder, because you royally suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    She's a shitty ambassador of "togetherness".

I finally clicked on the link in the op...

I'm not even going to read it.

It starts out with a visual insult right off the bat. Way to go, idiot!

And we all know that when you hear the word "BUT", everything before the "but" is bullshit.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    If you want to unite people, try harder, because you royally suck at it.
    LMAO good point.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast