Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: Why I知 ready to buy a gun | Christine Flowers

comments

Conservatives are the true "snowflakes" in society. They eat fear for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fear of skin color, fear of another language, nationality, gender, sexual orientation etc etc.

It's a wonder any of them manage to leave their house each day because they are so afraid of everyone and everything.

They never heard the saying that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" spoken by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt a man who survived polio and being paralyzed from the waist chest down to lead the US out of the Great Depression and to victory in WWII.
    Nyc Loves Philly

What a load of fearmongering garbage.

This person is a conservative troll who wants to "lock "them" up" (and we know who "they" are).

This DA is doing new things and helping Philadelphia be in the forefront of cities and I for one applaud him.

Flowers is trying to make a name for herself in the gun-lovin', fear-mongering world.

She even got quoted in the NYTimes magazine article on Larry Krasner recently. Good work! Keep writing to your base. I'm sorry to see someone who sometimes takes centrist, sane positions write a piece like this.
    I love the conservative presumption that - just get a gun, it'll keep you safe. Stay safe and --- good luck with that. Everything is from the perspective everyman ready to ably arm themselves quickly and blast away.
    The reality is those who don't own guns are are less likely to be killed by one. I guess Christine Flowers doesn't believe that.
    Theres a --- BORDER CRISIS! Armed terrorists flooding our homes, our communities! Hysteria. Fear.
    FEAR FEAR FEAR. Great Christine--keep sending out your Fox News resume and give them the message they want to hear.

The fact that street crime is down by more than half in Philadelphia over 20 years ago is irrelevant--all that matters is that you foster fear in people. The entire Trumpist message is the BIG LIE and you are intelligent enough to know that.

The threat you received through social media has nothing to do with the political climate and everything to do with the morons who post on the internet (and Krasner has nothing to do with that).

But you feel the need to tie your fear to the Trumpist message, and that is the Big Lie.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Christine M. Flowers is not a liberal. She just doesn't march lockstep with the extreme right, in other words, she uses her brains and expresses a well thought out opinion. Over the years she has been critisized for her conservative views.Heck if I remember the left called her a Republicunt.
    A woman who thinks for herself, that痴 nice to know.

Thanks for sharing.

(Monroe County)

I've been a friend on FB for years. This is her last FB post on the subject.

"My column on learning how to shoot a gun, and purchasing one, went viral. I’ve gotten a range (no pun) of responses, most of them helpfully suggesting brands or offering to teach me or referring training classes.
    Which shows me that people who respect the right to own and use a gun for self defense (or sport) are a sober bunch, who want us all to be educated and prepared in the face of this mighty power. They are hardly the “gun clingers” referred to by our last president. While I am still mulling my options, I’m thankful that the column elicited this generous and mature response. In fact, the only negative reactions I received were from people who called me a red-necked right wing crazy."

"My column on learning how to shoot a gun, and purchasing one, went viral. I’ve gotten a range (no pun) of responses, most of them helpfully suggesting brands or offering to teach me or referring training classes.
    Which shows me that people who respect the right to own and use a gun for self defense (or sport) are a sober bunch, who want us all to be educated and prepared in the face of this mighty power. They are hardly the “gun clingers” referred to by our last president. While I am still mulling my options, I’m thankful that the column elicited this generous and mature response. In fact, the only negative reactions I received were from people who called me a red-necked right wing crazy."

Good publicity for gun owners.

Well I emailed her today, complimenting her for the article, wishing her good luck in considering her options and given her the webpage link to "Armed and Feminine".

(Erie County)

Christine M. Flowers is not a liberal. She just doesn't march lockstep with the extreme right, in other words, she uses her brains and expresses a well thought out opinion. Over the years she has been critisized for her conservative views.Heck if I remember the left called her a Republicunt.
    I read some of her stuff, and she may be a Democrat, but she isn't a Cortez type Dem. She had a column about the #metoo movement being BS. Another about the anti-gun youth movement wrong in their position that all gun owners are evil because of a few crazies. What was his name, the hog, she didn't even mention his name. :-) I don't think she's one of the bad guys. Just my opinion.

(Beaver County)

She has a 'natural aversion to weapons'? What is natural about that. I wonder how she feels about hammers and other tools.

Red necked right wing crazy. Yeah, us liberals dont own guns, but when in need,
    we call the cops because they have guns Liberal logic 101

(Wyoming County)

Thanks for sharing that!
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    She has a 'natural aversion to weapons'? What is natural about that. I wonder how she feels about hammers and other tools.
    I too have a natural aversion to some things. Like Trump, I find him distasteful and arrogant. He was the best choice at the time. Does that make me a liberal? I've been a Republican longer than most on the forum have been out of diapers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast