Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Ruger Redhawk Grips Anyone!

I just picked up this thingamajig at Cabela's a few days ago.

I'm pretty suited with it, except for one thing - the hand grips. They are ok, but they could be better. What I'm looking for is a black rubber hand grip that has the grooves for your fingers more indented, sort of like the grips on a lot of Smith & Wesson guns. Know what I mean? Sort of like the ones on my 500 Mag. I'm looking for a place that sells something like that, or anyone who would want to trade me for the ones my gun has.
    OK, so here's the story: I went to Cabela's because I knew that I had a whole bunch of points stacking up on my Cabela's Visa card for the last few years. I found this gun, and it was basically what I wanted. It's a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag double action in decent shape with a barrel that's long enough to shoot at least a litte bit of distance. I like my double action revolvers. I like Smith & Wesson, but Ruger is OK in my book too. Anyway, it had some scope on it that was nothing special, and really beat up bad. Looked like somebody put the scope on the gun just to get rid of it when they traded it in. I wanted it taken off so I could fit it up to a holster and shoot it with open sites. I offered to basically give it to some other customer I was chatting with there at Cabela's, and he in turn offered to pay for my box of bullets. So I walked away from Cabela's with a free box of bullets, an almost free gun (because it costed just a little more than the amount of points I had), and a holster that I shelled out a few sheckles for.
    Now I just need to get stuff to reload for it.
    Anyway, does anybody know where I can get some rubber grips for it? They had some pretty nice grips there at Cabela's, but it turns out they were for the Super Redhawk, not just the Redhawk. And, unfortunately, they don't interchange between those two models.
    Last edited by S&W500Mag; October 6th, 2008 at 04:55 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Ruger Redhawk Grips Anyone!

Houge Monogrip has deeeper grooves, they don't fit my hand correctly but they might fit yours. Butler Creek made some also, but I think they are discontinued as I cannot find them for a Redhawk anywhere, even eBay.
    I vote the second first

Wow! Thanks, that was quick. Rep points on the way. That's actually just what I was looking for. Duh, I should have known to look for that. Now that you mention it, I think the grips that Cabela's had in stock for the Super Redhawk were from Hogue also. So thanks to you, mardo, I looked around on Hogue's website, and this is what I found:

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merc...tid=425&step=4

And it is priced reasonably well too. Thanks again!

OK, so now comes the next question, does anyone want to buy the grips that are on my gun now?

(Beaver County)

They make pretty ones in wood, too. Kinda pricey though. Check eBay before you buy, might get them alot cheaper.
    I vote the second first

Yeah, I see what you are saying about the pretty wooden ones being pricey. That's ok. With my clumsy luck, I would wind up getting a not-so-pretty scratch on them there thang's. A rubber grip would suit me fine. And I did look on ebay then too. Good stuff. Found some there too.
    Maybe I'll just try to sell the ones I have now on ebay, after I get the kind I like.
    Thanks again for your help man!

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: Ruger Redhawk Grips Anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W500Mag View Post
    OK, so now comes the next question, does anyone want to buy the grips that are on my gun now?
    I've had both your Pachmayrs and the Hogues, pictured above, on my Redhawk. There is no comparison between the quality of the rubber that Pachmayr uses over the soft foamy rubber that Hogue uses. The Hogue rubber is just cheesey.

JMHO.