Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    1187694

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Nitpick away, I aint a lawyer or a doc

    And to add, in order to get a permit to purchase a pistol in NJ one must sign a form allowing the NJSP to run a mental health background check through your medical stuff. Really helps convince folks to seek out mental health help, or something.
    Many years ago, on some firearms or RKBA forum that is now long defunct, someone made the statement that if you ever feel the need for mental health treatment or counseling, go to a shrink in another city, use an alias, and pay in cash.

    That advice was uncommonly prescient.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southwest PA, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    5324266

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    So if they deem someone poses a risk of domestic violence or suicide, but doesn't own guns, will they tell them to remove knives, bats, golf clubs, hammers, etc from their house or maybe just ignore it? Or do people only use guns to injure their spouse or themselves?
    add to the list all cars (many examples of suicide by car and using the car as a weapon). Also, any and all drugs, they have be used for suicide and murder. IIRC fists have been used against others, what to do about that? All in the name of safety of course.
    "To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the law abiding that their rights depend not on their own conduct but, on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless."
    - Lysander Spooner

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    up out back, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    6306224

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    My new Dr. had my wife fill out the form and when it came to guns in the home she put "N/A". None of their damn business. When they asked "Are you afraid of your spouse?" I answered "Hell yeah! She pushes me over at home". Dr. thought that was funny.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Castle County, Delaware
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    1885565

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I have been told that doctors ask parents to leave the room to question kids about abuse.
    Personally I never fought it. Let them question the child.
    That can be understandable if they limit their questions to that topic. However, questions like "Does daddy have guns?", "Do mommy and daddy ever have a disagreement?", or, "Does daddy ever raise his voice?" may be inappropriate because there are too many questions/answers that can be misinterpreted, or misconstrued, by either the person asking or the child answering. It is doubtful that you would be asked for clarification of a child's answer that troubles the doctor. You brought the child to the doctor for a specific reason and that's what the doctor is being paid to attend to.
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    3006491

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Nitpick away, I aint a lawyer or a doc

    And to add, in order to get a permit to purchase a pistol in NJ one must sign a form allowing the NJSP to run a mental health background check through your medical stuff. Really helps convince folks to seek out mental health help, or something.
    And there is the new duty to warn law, which allows any healthcare professional to call police for homicidality AND suicidality now. The police then are supposedly required to see if there is a person with a firearms I'd card living at that house, and can reportedly remove weapons from that residence, even if the person in question is not the actual owner of the firearms.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On the range, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,353
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
    That can be understandable if they limit their questions to that topic. However, questions like "Does daddy have guns?", "Do mommy and daddy ever have a disagreement?", or, "Does daddy ever raise his voice?" may be inappropriate because there are too many questions/answers that can be misinterpreted, or misconstrued, by either the person asking or the child answering. It is doubtful that you would be asked for clarification of a child's answer that troubles the doctor. You brought the child to the doctor for a specific reason and that's what the doctor is being paid to attend to.
    Just to clarify, my youngest is now 40. No one asked about guns in the olden days.
    Your point is well taken though. It is currently different era / mindset.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,407
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Oh I have an honest answer alright.This kind of reminds me of when I take my son to the pediatrician for his check ups and at a certain point during the exam the doctor asks me to leave the room so she may speak privately with him.....translation-ask all kinds of questions that are none of her business.
    Tell that doctor that no questions will be asked or answered without your presence.
    We now live in a lawless era where laws no longer apply to government officials.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,447
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Tell that doctor that no questions will be asked or answered without your presence.
    I don't cooperate,I never do but she makes it a point to ask every visit.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    The overlay on the video is new. The video itself is old footage from the 2013 undeclared state of martial law in Boston and vicinity in search of the last Marathon Bomber. Recall that the FBI knew about the bombers in advance and did nothing. The police did not find the last muslim perp despite all their police state tactics. A citizen did, reported it, and the police captured the perp after shooting the citizen's boat to shreds. Not one of the rousted citizens met the description of the bomber.

    Boston, the cradle of democracy is now the cradle of totalitarianism. Remember this video and the Roger Stone raid when the PA Democrats and RINOs shove their next Red Flag bill down our throats.


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chester County, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,891
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Boston mayor forces Dr's to ID gun owners

    N/A Mfer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: September 15th, 2015, 08:17 PM
  2. Boston Mayor Wants to Register All Guns
    By BobFromBucks in forum National
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: February 12th, 2014, 11:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops