Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Arrow What do you do with

A couple hundred rounds all 7.62x39 that is real junk. My friend has been having problems with that stuff every time he goes to the range. Called last night and said that he now has a squib in the barrel and when he opened the bolt, there was powder everywhere. Then he asked me how does a person get rid of junk ammo, bury it in the backyard and let mother nature eat it up.? Any thoughts on getting rid of this stuff.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: What do you do with

If we're me I'd pull the bullets dump the powder inthe yard and pitch the casings in the trash . Or put it up for free here for the value of the components with a crystal clear discription that the ammo is junk if he has no way to tear the rounds down himself . Heck I'll take it if he wants to just be rid of it .
    Last edited by Tim Ault; January 10th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ault View Post
    If we're me I'd pull the bullets dump the powder inthe yard and pitch the casings in the trash . Or put it up for free here for the value of the components with a crystal clear discription that the ammo is junk if he has no way to tear the rounds down himself . Heck I'll take it if he wants to just be rid of it .
    +1

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    A couple hundred rounds all 7.62x39 that is real junk. My friend has been having problems with that stuff every time he goes to the range. Called last night and said that he now has a squib in the barrel and when he opened the bolt, there was powder everywhere. Then he asked me how does a person get rid of junk ammo, bury it in the backyard and let mother nature eat it up.? Any thoughts on getting rid of this stuff.
    Been there myself with reloads that were given to me, and buried them in a flooded hole. In hindsight though, someone out there could've used some part of them and probably should've posted here for free/pickup only/'components use only'

(Clearfield County)

The bullets themselves would be useful for reloading several different cartridges, 7.7 jap, .303 brit, 7.62x54r and x39 of course.

(Allegheny County)

I'd take it off his hands....I don't shoot my SKS very often but I have a couple hundred pieces of boxer primed brass, a set of dies and a bullet puller.....
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

I'd still shoot it, but slowly.