Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA vs GOA

Hybrid View

PickingPA Guest

Default NRA vs GOA

I did a search, but it came back with the error “too common, short, long etc” whatever.

So with DiFi newest AWB resurrection, and the upcoming “time to renew” my NRA membership....I’m wondering what the general consensus is with poofa members.

I used to have the extra NRA accidental death insurance, which required that I maintain active NRA membership. Now that got cancelled....I guess I didn’t die quick enough to take advantage of it. That being said, my membership renewal is due in Feb.

So I’m trying to decide if I should renew with NRA or begin sending membership dues to GOA. I know the NRA-ILA advertises itself as being very active in the fight for the 2A, but lately I’ve started wondering if that’s all it is, just advertising.

Meanwhile, the GOA seems to be filing legal actions and actually stepping up to the fight.

I will be supporting one group or the other, I wish I could be a member of both but it’s not happening right now. I don’t mind re-upping with the NRA and just trusting they are doing all they can, but I’m wondering if GOA might be making better actual use of the money that they are receiving through membership etc.

I do realize that by switching memberships, I would be voluntarily doubling the amount of solicitation calls. The NRA would continue to call and I’d be adding myself to GOA’s call list.

Thoughts???

(Mercer County)

Default Re: NRA vs GOA

I am a life member of the NRA however have sent all my donations lately to the go a as they seem to be stronger supporters than the NRA. The second amendment foundation is also a another good resource

(Wyoming County)

I'm going to sit this one out

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 10th, 2019 at 07:58 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Mifflin County)

(Allegheny County)

NRA= Not Real Advocates vs GOA =Gunners Overthrowing Antis
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    NRA= Not Real Advocates vs GOA =Gunners Overthrowing Antis
    ^ This poster gets it !!

(Berks County)

I'm a life member in both.

May I suggest that you stay with the NRA and contact Bern. He has some financial means available to help membership in the GOA.

At least he did, not sure if it is still available.

Paging Bern.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm going to sit this one out

Lately, that seems to be the NRA motto. Which is why I’m considering switching.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Lately, that seems to be the NRA motto. Which is why I’m considering switching.
    Ok, I''l reply just this once If you are unsure at this point about "switching" why not do both?

Berncly has a thread offering free GOA memberships. If he is out of donations, pm me your name & addy and I'll get you a 1 year gift membership to GOA.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

The NRA is even more dead to me now after learning first hand that it's a good ol boys club for the asshats at the top. (Nugent wanting 50K plus a list of pampering to come support us in Pittsburgh, also charges NRA similarly).

Unfortunately, I'm a life member.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast