Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NRA vs GOA

Default Re: NRA vs GOA

NRA membership costs less than 10 pennies per day. Join all the national groups. Do your own thinking. But remember that Congress only fears 1 pro-gun organization, Schumer and Pelosi only attack 1 pro-gun organization. Anyone "on our side" who works to destroy the NRA is helping Schumer and Pelosi and Bloomberg and that little pimple Hogg.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    NRA membership costs less than 10 pennies per day. Join all the national groups. Do your own thinking. But remember that Congress only fears 1 pro-gun organization, Schumer and Pelosi only attack 1 pro-gun organization. Anyone "on our side" who works to destroy the NRA is helping Schumer and Pelosi and Bloomberg and that little pimple Hogg.
    Yep that's true.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I am sticking with the NRA and will not trash talk them. They have done a good job on the whole.

Right now, the anti-Constitution forces have switched strategy to mount a nationwide assault at the state and local level, while the anti-Constitution Dems and RINOs carry the assault in Congress. My financial resources, such as they are, have to support the fights in my own backyard like the FOAC litigation. The NRA's reach only goes so far. I hope that they can do what they do best and keep Congress focused on upholding the Constitution.

You wanted my thoughts... so you will get them. Mostly uncensored.

In the push to do away with suppressor regulation and pass national reciprocity- the NRA took its foot off of the gas. Regardless of whether or not Congress acted upon it, the NRA could have lit a fire under the proverbial asses of Congress to get this done. They are supposed to be the 'firearms rights' lobby. Instead they are pushing for unconstitutional gun control by supporting a bump stock ban, leading to the vague language BATFE now 'reinterprets', and now they support red flag laws. And now they will need money... to help undo everything they have just done!

Gun Owners of America is leading the charge. They fired an immediate return volley (proverbially) in the form a lawsuit against Trump and BATFE. They are seeking to destroy the unconstitutional NFA. The NRA does not have my (or this country's) best interests in mind. I've seen more clever ponzy schemes. Gun Owners of America has not backed down and is picking up the flag- moving it forward.

My money supports GOA. Not the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by berncly
    If you don't like what the NRA is doing, then get active and change it from within.
    Not with Marion Hammer, Chris Cox and Wayne La Pierre in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by berncly
    Make no mistake.
    This fight is not about bump stocks or magazines or any other "common sense" gun law.
    This fight is about removing the ultimate check and balance between our people and our representative form of government.
    Our political enemies have made it very clear that their true goal is to eliminate the Second Amendment and to completely disarm our citizenry.
    Once our citizenry is disarmed, history and current events tell us that totalitarian rule inevitably follows.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; January 17th, 2019 at 12:05 AM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    You wanted my thoughts... so you will get them. Mostly uncensored.

In the push to do away with suppressor regulation and pass national reciprocity- the NRA took its foot off of the gas. Regardless of whether or not Congress acted upon it, the NRA could have lit a fire under the proverbial asses of Congress to get this done. They are supposed to be the 'firearms rights' lobby. Instead they are pushing for unconstitutional gun control by supporting a bump stock ban, leading to the vague language BATFE now 'reinterprets', and now they support red flag laws. And now they will need money... to help undo everything they have just done!

Gun Owners of America is leading the charge. They fired an immediate return volley (proverbially) in the form a lawsuit against Trump and BATFE. They are seeking to destroy the unconstitutional NFA. The NRA does not have my (or this country's) best interests in mind. I've seen more clever ponzy schemes. Gun Owners of America has not backed down and is picking up the flag- moving it forward.

My money supports GOA. Not the NRA.
    I'm a political junkie and I know how things work in the House and in the Senate. There are multiple places for politicians that give lip service to something to quietly kill it. Stall things in committee, procedural votes, poison pills etc. In the Senate, it takes 60 senators to move something (other than judges, thank you Harry Reid) to a vote.

Reciprocity never stood a chance because too many politicians on "our" team wanted nothing to do with it, let alone the Dems. The hearing protection act was moving until Vegas happened and then it died. The NRA and every other 2A rights organization have limited clout. The NRA has 5 million members out of 120 million guns owners. Politicians can do the math and determine how action or inaction will swing vote totals. And they know when they can tell the NRA to pound sand and when the NRA can hurt them. Further, Paul Ryan was retiring, he wasn't our friend. At best, he's a Fudd and he held up everything we wanted. No one had leverage on him.

The NRA sees the writing on the wall on red-flag laws. They're being passed by Republicans, not just Dems. The NRA has said what is necessary--rigorous due process--for them to be acceptable. Saying "NO" means politicians will move forward without any input from our side because they have a high rate of support. We can't "punish" the politicians with that issue. The left has said the NRA's proposal is too burdensome and takes too much time IE "fuck your rights" where your guns are concerned. This is how politics gets played.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

what about nagr?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    The NRA sees the writing on the wall on red-flag laws. They're being passed by Republicans, not just Dems. The NRA has said what is necessary--rigorous due process--for them to be acceptable. Saying "NO" means politicians will move forward without any input from our side because they have a high rate of support. We can't "punish" the politicians with that issue. The left has said the NRA's proposal is too burdensome and takes too much time IE "fuck your rights" where your guns are concerned. This is how politics gets played.
    Ohh you mean like 2060, that we had the votes to kill until the NRA said they were staying neutral? Or was it Constitutional carry, that they torpedoed? Yea, Sorry, I see this latest as political spin from the NRA and their apologists. and I'm not the only one. https://bearbussjaeger.wordpress.com/2019/01/13/3292/

Constitutional carry is NEVER going to happen. It doesn't matter what organization supports it.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Constitutional carry is NEVER going to happen. It doesn't matter what organization supports it.
    It almost did, the votes were lined up and counted, then NRA pulled leadership into closed doors, after that......... That was back in the Corbet time so what, maybe five years ago.

(Lehigh County)

So what is wrong with supporting other pro-gun organizations so that they too grow into something that Congress fears ?
    --ET

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast