Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NRA vs GOA

Default Re: NRA vs GOA

Life member of NRA, GOA, saf, and FOAC. They all have their purposes, and I'll criticize each when I think they're wrong.

GOA was late to the bump stock lawsuit.

Firearms policy coalition is my new favorite son, for now.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Life member of NRA, GOA, saf, and FOAC. They all have their purposes, and I'll criticize each when I think they're wrong.

Myself also but it seems that the SAF doesn't care about anything east of the Mississippi River.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

That's just silliness
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

Been supporting NRA and SAF for a time now, and GOA of late. And a $100 boost to NRA-ILA a year or so ago in response to an Obama remark. As long as politicians and MSM call NRA "at fault", I figure it must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    That's just silliness
    Well, compared to FPC they were.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    If you use Amazon Smile you designate the GOF for your donation to go to.

GOF is the Gun Owners Foundation which is an arm of the GOA.

Thanks for this. I was looking on AmazonSmile for the GOA just a day or two ago, but couldn't find them. Didn't know GOF was part of the GOA. I've been contributing to the NRA through AmazonSmile but since they went along with the bumpstock ban (and other times they've shrugged at new gun bans), I've been looking for a non-NRA alternative on AmazonSmile. Renewing my GOA membership tonight, as well. Still with the NRA until 2022, and unless they shape up and demonstrate their loyalty to the 2nd, I might just drop them.

(Columbia County)

In the past I tried to stand up for the NRA but that has gotten harder to do. The NRA has to know they are losing support especially from their hardcore members. I haven't heard a peep from the higher ups addressing this problem. The NRA goes out of it's way to get celebrities to join and some even become board members. Do they do anything, not really. Colonel North was recently elected president. Nothing out of him. I was getting emails on occasion for the NRA representative for this area. He apparently disappeared in the Bermuda triangle. My point is the NRA better start addressing this problem or else it will be a fudd organization.

(Montgomery County)

-
    Sorry for being late to the party.
    Thanks to all that suggested GOA memberships are available through me.

Yes, I am still offering free 1 year GOA memberships to anyone that can't afford the $20 GOA membership fee.
    Anyone that wants a GOA membership is welcome to send me a PM anytime here: http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=30334

My suggestion to everyone is to please maintain memberships in both the NRA and the GOA, as well as in any other 2A groups they like and can afford.
    This is a big ongoing fight on many fronts, and the 2A needs all the support that we can give.

We need both the NRA and the GOA, each for its own strengths.
    If you don't like what the NRA is doing, then get active and change it from within.

My own personal 2A donations go to my NRA and GOA memberships, and then I give any additional 2A donations I can afford to the GOA.
    I offer the free GOA memberships as a way to get double duty out of my donation money, and to bring more people into the fight to protect the 2A.

To me it's very simple:
    How much money am I willing to spend to protect my Right to Keep and Bear Arms?
    How much money is enough to retain the ultimate balance of power between our people and our elected government?
    How much money is enough to protect our country and our way of life for our children and our grandchildren?

Donating a few hundred dollars a year to organizations protecting our 2A rights seems a small price to pay when considering what's at stake.
    We are living in the last truly free nation on earth, and if we allow our country to fall there is really nowhere else to go.

Make no mistake.
    This fight is not about bump stocks or magazines or any other "common sense" gun law.
    This fight is about removing the ultimate check and balance between our people and our representative form of government.
    Our political enemies have made it very clear that their true goal is to eliminate the Second Amendment and to completely disarm our citizenry.
    Once our citizenry is disarmed, history and current events tell us that totalitarian rule inevitably follows.

This is our time.
    There is no excuse whatsoever for our lack of participation, or for allowing our ultimate 2A balance of power to fall during our watch.
    We don't need to lay down our lives or take a bullet, all we need to do is to actively participate in our Republic.

Supporting the NRA, GOA, and other 2A organizations, is the easiest way for each of us to fulfill our own personal obligation to our country and our people.
    I am willing to pay my share of the cost to protect our country, our balance of power, and our 2A Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    I hope many of you will do the same.

Bern-
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I'm a GOA member, and make donations to the NRA but haven't joined them yet..although I'm still considering it.

It won't hurt to have more than one organization on our side. I try to support anyone pro-gun, whether it's a small business or a big group like the NRA or GOA. No reason to divide ourselves 100 ways, we need to stay together and not fight internally. The other side is united, we MUST be also.

The NRA still provides more training, especially to youth, than anyone. We may not agree politically every time, but they ARE on our side and we need them.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

I belong to both. We all should. Neither are perfect but they are all we have. I appreciate all Nugent has done for the case but I think he's a douche. His hunting show is unwatchable. He spews nonsense about spirit of the wild while hunting over a corn feeder inside a fenced in zoo. I wonder if all the animals he kills have names.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast