Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: FNS 9

(Chester County)

Default FNS 9

Jan.3rd 2019 bought an FSN 9 at French Creek. Registered it and found there’s a case:
    “FN recently became aware of a condition found within the FNS family of pistols that, under a very limited and unlikely set of circumstances, could cause the pistol to delay fire after the trigger is initially pulled. *This condition can only be replicated in FNS pistols manufactured before February 12, 2017.”

BEFORE 2017?? Damn! F.C. won’t accept firearms returns. I asked support if I could get a newer one, I’ll pay a little more. They said no, but there is no difference in manufacture between the 2015 and the latest. Well. That’s good to hear but, I’m sure disappointed. From now on, I’ll get the serial # first and then research it. Lesson learned.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FNS 9

Why don't you just send the pistol back to the factory to be repaired? I had an issue with a FNS9 I bought in the spring of 2016 were the trigger wouldn't reset after the pistol was fired. I called FN, they sent me a label, UPS picked the gun up at my house, within 10 days I had the pistol back.
    Last edited by wellcraft; January 11th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Also it seems like new pistols are unaffected?

(Bucks County)

FNS states prior to Feb 12, 2017, and also states no difference between 2015 and present? I don't see how that is possible.

Try reading thru these posts? :

https://www.google.com/search?q=prob...w=1600&bih=789