Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: First MP 15 Sport 2

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    French Creek? I always thought that their prices were insane.
    And you are correct. I was thinking about going to Cabella in Delaware to avoid taxes, but will eat a lot of gas.

Only issue i have with pro mags magazines for pistols is the springs are semmingly harder to load up a mag than the OEMs.

(Chester County)

What 30 round magpul loader should I look for?

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    What 30 round magpul loader should I look for?
    As far as loaders go I am a huge fan of the ETS cam loaders for both pistol and rifles. Having been diagnosed with a disease that at time severely limits my fine motor skills I can still manage to load a 33 round Glock mag in under 30 seconds.

https://www.botach.com/ets-cam-magaz...fle-magazines/

Last edited by Hodgie; January 10th, 2019 at 08:55 PM.

(Cumberland County)

I M,

So you want to fiddle with the carburetor before you even drive the car?

I have a Sport I. I was impressed with it at 50m with iron sights. I threw a 3x on it and on a good day I can do 2" groups at 100m with my handloads. Certainly not trophy groups, but with 60+ eyes full of floaters, I'm happy. I think of putting a higher glass on it but not sure it would matter - seems my eyes are getting worse every year.

Consider taking it out for a run. Maybe you won't want to change a thing.

Whatever you choose, good luck with it.

fritz
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Lancaster County)

Just in case nobody else mentioned it, Welcome to the addiction - whoops ! I meant black rifle club ! Remember, "it ain't a GANG, it's a club" Good luck with it, and take the above advice, shoot it first, see what you like and what you don't - then build your next one exactly the way you want it - they're pretty cheap to do at the moment, so go nuts !
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    I M,

I have a Sport I. I was impressed with it at 50m with iron sights. I threw a 3x on it and on a good day I can do 2" groups at 100m with my handloads. Certainly not trophy groups, but with 60+ eyes full of floaters, I'm happy. I think of putting a higher glass on it but not sure it would matter - seems my eyes are getting worse every year.

fritz
    +1, run it as is and go from there.

My first AR15 was/is a M&P15, not a sport but not a tactical. It had a railed gas block which I learned to hate, as you could only use metal backup irons, which got too hot to touch after only a couple shots.

I swapped that out for a low profile gas block and put on a 15" slim keymod rail. It wears a Vortex StrikeFire red dot, which I bought the same day as the rifle. Other than that it's stock. Trigger is fine for my purposes as is.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    I M,

fritz
    Aw! You caught me! You just reminded me of the 8 years shooting expert with an M-1 with nothing added on it. Thanks.
    Last edited by ideaman; January 12th, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Aw! You caught me! You just reminded me of the 8 years shooting expert with an M-1 with nothing added on it. Thanks.
    Yeah but times and technology have changed and while I'm in the camp of buying a super duper trigger isn't going to gain you a damn thing on day one of owning a new rifle there are still some sensible upgrades like a better handguard and a decent red dot or magnified optic, and maybe a vertical grip or hand stop if that's more comfortable for you.

Every gun doesn't have to be for the sole purpose of shooting moa, or for expert marksmanship, fun is still a thing and you can have a lot of it with a budget AR15. So buy what you want, slap whatever you want on it and shoot it how you want and screw everyone else including me regarding our opinions.

Personally I know how to use Iron sights but you won't find me shooting a modern rifle without an optic, specifically a Red dot from here out and it's not because of aging eyes. My kids now 7 and 11 started out on Irons 3 years ago and both now have red dots on their guns, why because it's fun and it keeps them interested. Another few years and fundamentals of marksmanship will be rewritten to include red dots as the primary sighting system.

Sometimes Progress is a good thing.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Spend the gas money you saved on a good 2-day carbine class. And get some 30-magazine clips.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast