Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: GLOCK 43X & GLOCK 48 !

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post

So now they are taking a pistol that is obviously meant for concealed carry, and making it less concealable, not only longer, but wider as well. So again, I've got to ask why?

because people were already making their g43s ridiculously disproportionate. glock perfection!

Some individuals have big paws and can grip the firearm better just to name a major reason,some like to have the extra few rounds when CCW,and jus a few of us like something new when it hits the market. I personally fall into all the reasons explained and others i am sure have several more reasons to up-grade.

(Chester County)

I would prefer the option of an extended magazine or using something like mag-guts to get an extra round.

I think ETS makes a 7 round flush fit mag for the 43 which is plenty +1 in the chamber. I carry a 5 shot revolver & rarely feel under gunned.

It's all personal preference & I would rather have more options than be limited to an outdated list like Kalifornistanians.

(Schuylkill County)

Personally, I'm not too excited. I'm a fan of carrying a full sized gun whenever concealability isn't paramount (like risk of getting fired, thrown out of an event, arrested, etc). So when I carry something like a G43, it's because detection carries greater consequences.

When carrying IWB, the grip is the hardest part to conceal IMO. So extending the grip doesn't work well for me in my situation. I'd rather have a 43 in the holster and carry an extended mag for reloads. I have no issue carrying a G17 or occasionally even a G34, so I guess I'm not as weight/size sensitive as some people. For the more weight-conscious people, I can see the 43x and 48 working well for them. I know I can't get a good firing grip on a 43, so this would be a good solution for that. With that said, I don't like the silver finish at all.

In the end the internet will bitch and moan about it and like always Glock will sell out for the 1st 12-18 months on a weekly basis.

Pocono Mountain Guns took delivery of the Glock 43X and Glock 48 this morning,everybody coming in the door when i was shopping was fingering both models 1/18/2009 Friday get your if you want one ! I did not ask the price !

(Cumberland County)

I held them both today. They are like a S&W shield with 2 more rounds and a full grip instead of the mag extension. I like them and will get a 48 sooner or later. No hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    I held them both today. They are like a S&W shield with 2 more rounds and a full grip instead of the mag extension. I like them and will get a 48 sooner or later. No hurry.
    Thanks for the feedback I think I will be in for a 43x as well sooner or later.

(Columbia County)

Glock = one trick pony.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast