Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cool GLOCK 43X & GLOCK 48 !

Anyone who has read one or two of my posts knows that I am a Pro Glock Fanatic. Not mentally defective but just fortunate to have owned many.Are you as interested in these new offering from Glock becoming available Jan 21,2019 ? My latest Glock 45 has many improved feature over previous Glock gens so I am up for these when my LGS gives me a call,I am fortunate to get first dibs on these glocks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: GLOCK 43X & GLOCK 48 !

I am interested in seeing, handling, and shooting the 48. The slimmer grip is very appealing to me, I am O.K. in dropping down from 15 to 10 rounds - if the grip fits my hand better and IF the gun shoots and handles (at speed) like the 19 (my current EDC).

I am a fan of two-tone "stainless" looking slide guns and I am a fan of front serrations. The 48 has both. Time will tell. No hurry as I have a few Front Serration models Glock 19s right now, but who knows what the future might hold.

Its always good to have options.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Washington County)

Regarding the 43X: when they came out with the 19X and then the g45, people asked why. The argument was "This isn't meant to be for concealed carry. It is for police officers to carry on duty." That was an arguable point. I personally have no need for such a pistol, but ok, you have another market in mind. Fine.

So now they are taking a pistol that is obviously meant for concealed carry, and making it less concealable, not only longer, but wider as well. So again, I've got to ask why? There was already a viable option for someone who wanted 10 rounds of 9mm in a Glock. Its a G26, and it makes much more sense for CC than this. I can't imagine what reason someone could possibly have for being interested in this pistol.

Regarding the 48: I'm still up in the air. Personally, I'd rather just have a G19, all day every day. However, it may not be altogether pointless.

(Lehigh County)

I bought my first Glock in 1989 or thereabouts, and still have it. I am looking forward to seeing how these feel in the hand. Might be time to expand the collection. BTW I never cared for finger grooves on the Gen 3 & 4, so not having those helps.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

We were issued Gen 1s when they became available,My Dept up graded when the Gens 2s became available.The Gen 2 without finger grooves always felt a bit better for me but then on to Gen 3s and 4s and now owning the G 45 gen 5,It is a heavyweight holding 17 plus 1 rounds ands sittin in the car kinda makes it a range gun at least for me.We will see how the G 43X and G 48 feel. The Gen 2 we were permitted to keep either the duty or backup and at that time mine was the Colt detective special,The G 19 cost me nothing the back up cost me at that time now get ready for this $ 37.50 ,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Regarding the 43X: when they came out with the 19X and then the g45, people asked why. The argument was "This isn't meant to be for concealed carry. It is for police officers to carry on duty." That was an arguable point. I personally have no need for such a pistol, but ok, you have another market in mind. Fine.

So now they are taking a pistol that is obviously meant for concealed carry, and making it less concealable, not only longer, but wider as well. So again, I've got to ask why? There was already a viable option for someone who wanted 10 rounds of 9mm in a Glock. Its a G26, and it makes much more sense for CC than this. I can't imagine what reason someone could possibly have for being interested in this pistol.

Regarding the 48: I'm still up in the air. Personally, I'd rather just have a G19, all day every day. However, it may not be altogether pointless.
    If you live on one of the mag ban states where you can still legally conceal carry, (yes there are more then a few of them)these guns especially the 48 will be a dream. Half the thickness of a model 19 that requires a neutered magazine, Lighter, easier to handle under recoil, and carry vs the G26. Khar has had a lot to offer this market with the CW9 and similar models in the past, and I see Glock taking it over and doing very well with it.

I carry a G43 with Vickers extended baseplates for 8+1 in the pistol and as a back up mag. For the same size the 43x will give me 10+1 in a single less likely to malfunction factory mag.

Where do I sign up?

That being said I wont be the beta tester for them even though verry little will be different and I will probably get one slightly used off MDT for an excellent price like I did my 43 two plus years ago.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 10th, 2019 at 08:33 PM.

Yeah I keep coming across the 43s in trades,I loved my 43 but gave it up recently in pursuit of the G-45 which I got for christmas,And want the 43 X and 48.Glad the 43 i sold you did you well. Did I also sell you a Ruger 308 a few years back also ? I would have to go thru my archives,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Yeah I keep coming across the 43s in trades,I loved my 43 but gave it up recently in pursuit of the G-45 which I got for christmas,And want the 43 X and 48.Glad the 43 i sold you did you well. Did I also sell you a Ruger 308 a few years back also ? I would have to go thru my archives,lol.
    No Ruger 308 for me, just the model 43......For now.

Confirmed,I have the 1st Glock 43X that will be at my LGS on Jan.21 ! I also have the option of getting the Glock 48 at the same time,but want to give it the finger test first !

(Cumberland County)

Just this summer I was carrying a S&W shield and switched to a G26 for summer carry because I liked having the 10 rounds instead of 8. However I must admit that the shield carried better and I imagine the G43x/48 will be much the same. Since it has 10 rounds I may give it a try at some point. I do like the full length grip vs the grip extension because it makes dropping a mag easier without releasing part of my grip. OTOH, I like that the G26 can share mags with it's bigger brothers and I can carry a larger reload. Choices are good so I'll be happy to have both.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast