Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Jan 09 2019 - introducing the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019

The democrat secret deep state is likely arming and training (and scrubbing history and records) their next Stephen Paddock for a Viva Las Vegas a few days before it goes to the floor for a vote...all about feels ya know

Quote Originally Posted by marinville
    I notice they're now going after stabilizing braces too. I wonder how they got wind of those.
    Christ, I wonder how? I said that after they went after bump stocks they are coming for the braces too.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
    If I had any I'd be pissed about it's introduction. Seeing no 'R's on that list was a relief.
    That is an EXTREMELY dangerous understanding of the republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country
    Give it time. He's likely got his finger to the wind as we speak.
    Funny, I thought his thumb and finger were stuck somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI
    Possible, unless people realize this isn't going anywhere.
    That is an EXTREMELY dangerous attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo
    but this is dead in the water. Further, I believe Trump would veto something this draconian.
    I want to see and make sure it IS dead in the water before calling it. I believe he will veto anything the NRA tells him to; possibly UBCs. I also would expect him to use our rights in order to 'make a deal'. He [Trump] is a lying snake.

They can come and get them. End of discussion. The answer is 'no'.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Possible, unless people realize this isn't going anywhere.
    If this bill passes the Senate and hits the house it will be on Trump's desk. If the house offers it own version which they will, it will pass the house. Again if the senate considers it I hope it stalls and dies but I hope I win the lottery too. At the end of the day we might be relying on a Trump Veto.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; January 10th, 2019 at 10:05 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

.....Mr.Bumpstock?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    If this bill passes the Senate and hits the house it will be on Trump's desk. If the house offers it own version which they will, it will pass the house. Again if the senate considers it I hope it stalls and dies but I hope not but I hope I win the lottery too. At the end of the day we might be relying on a Trump Veto.
    I think we all know what’s going on here. The timing of this has nothing to do with the new session. The Dems are going to trade this for the wall. I fear that Trump will be so eager to get the wall that he will take the bait.

The Dems will then slow roll the funding 5.7B this year with a promise to “discuss” next year’s funding...blah blah.

Trump gets 40 miles of fencing and they try to run out the clock on him. Meanwhile, we have this monstrosity of an AWB for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Christ, I wonder how? I said that after they went after bump stocks they are coming for the braces too.

That is an EXTREMELY dangerous understanding of the republican party.

Funny, I thought his thumb and finger were stuck somewhere else.

That is an EXTREMELY dangerous attitude.

I want to see and make sure it IS dead in the water before calling it. I believe he will veto anything the NRA tells him to; possibly UBCs. I also would expect him to use our rights in order to 'make a deal'. He [Trump] is a lying snake.

They can come and get them. End of discussion. The answer is 'no'.
    Don't misunderstand me, I mean in regards to panic buying. Not fighting.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

If this bill passes the Senate and hits the house it will be on Trump's desk. If the house offers it own version which they will, it will pass the house. Again if the senate considers it I hope it stalls and dies but I hope I win the lottery too. At the end of the day we might be relying on a Trump Veto.
    Why would it pass the Senate? They don't have a super majority on this.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    I think we all know what’s going on here. The timing of this has nothing to do with the new session. The Dems are going to trade this for the wall. I fear that Trump will be so eager to get the wall that he will take the bait.

The Dems will then slow roll the funding 5.7B this year with a promise to “discuss” next year’s funding...blah blah.

Trump gets 40 miles of fencing and they try to run out the clock on him. Meanwhile, we have this monstrosity of an AWB for the foreseeable future.
    It needs 60 votes in the Senate. There are more than 40 solidly pro-2A senators. It's not moving, it's no different than the repeated Obamacare repeals that went nowhere. It's to appease the base. Much of politics is about "the show" and nothing more.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post

I hinted at that weeks ago. I’m hoping it’s just DACA he gives them for the wall, but as I said - the 2A is not in his NYC culture, and he wants to win that wall bad. That plus he may not be able to get it unilaterally with some “national emergency order”. Wish he would at least try - and quickly.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Why would it pass the Senate? They don't have a super majority on this.
    It needs 60 votes in the Senate. There are more than 40 solidly pro-2A senators. It's not moving, it's no different than the repeated Obamacare repeals that went nowhere. It's to appease the base. Much of politics is about "the show" and nothing more.
    I'm not saying it will pass the Senate. I hope your right. However with weasels like Mitt Romney, Susan Collins and the newly elected Rick Scott as well as Rubio, they all have the potential to cave in on the gun issue.

Trump gets 40 miles of fencing and they try to run out the clock on him. Meanwhile, we have this monstrosity of an AWB for the foreseeable future
    They may offer this deal but I think the GOP knows that they will lose the same voters they are trying to appease with the wall.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast