Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: I Feel the Need for a Sacrificial Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1919 View Post
    Walleye,

I cc and fully I support your right to oc. My elder brother (a vet in his 70s) has a saying, "you're flying up your own ass". I think your situation applies. Why would you ever attend an event, I assume behaving in a completely peaceful and lawful fashion, where you thought there was the possibility that you would be ordered to surrender your firearm to anyone? Regardless of the value of the firearm!

No one supports 2A more than I do but I avoid situations like that. How is your scenario a win for you or 2A. Best case scenario, the next morning news all the lefties are laughing and saying "TAKE THEM ALL".

With the assumption that you would never escalate the situation, you lose and 2A goes backward a step or two.

Worse case scenario, I'm not going there, and 2A gets the blame.

Understand, I fully support anyone's oc at any event, but if you even think that you would be asked to surrender your firearm - my situational awareness says "NO GO". I been to a couple rallies that have been very peaceful (Harrisburg). Has it gone that much different in other parts of the state??

I have to say fellas, ya'll are some of the most intelligent guys I know of. I come here for info on everything from gunsmithing to house repairs. But I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the responses.

We have way of life to defend. Going in with "a sacrificial firearm" is not my idea of a win.

I know of no great battle that was ever won that began with the assumption of surrender. I'm not saying surrender or initiate, I'm saying avoid.

Be cool. Let cooler heads prevail.

fritz

(leaving to wrap myself in fireproof blanket)
    Fritz, it seems as though there are some things happening that you are not aware of...Mayor Peduto of Shittsburgh is in the process of enacting anti-gun legislation in direct violation of PA state laws, there was a rally regarding that on Monday. Should he pass his illegal legislation, and/or others in the future, a walk in defiance of said laws will be in order. Should I participate in said defiant rally(s) I would not want to forfeit a prized possession and, therefore, desire one that I would rather have negligently handled in the process.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Cumberland County)

Walleye,

I was aware of the situation in shittsburgh. I just don't understand how surrendering your firearm or having it taken from you is a win for our position. That's it in a nutshell.
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

(Wyoming County)

Walleye,

I was aware of the situation in shittsburgh. I just don't understand how surrendering your firearm or having it taken from you is a win for our position. That's it in a nutshell.
    If they enact their ordinances in Pittsburgh- they are in violation of State Law PERIOD. That is the perfect reason for Civil Disobedience. Sometimes to avoid or fail to act, is in it's very nature a surrender.

Martin Luther King Jr. regarded civil disobedience to be a display and practice of reverence for law; for as "Any man who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail in order to arouse the conscience of the community on the injustice of the law is at that moment expressing the very highest respect for law".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 11th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Walleye,

I cc and fully I support your right to oc. My elder brother (a vet in his 70s) has a saying, "you're flying up your own ass". I think your situation applies. Why would you ever attend an event, I assume behaving in a completely peaceful and lawful fashion, where you thought there was the possibility that you would be ordered to surrender your firearm to anyone? Regardless of the value of the firearm!

No one supports 2A more than I do but I avoid situations like that. How is your scenario a win for you or 2A. Best case scenario, the next morning news all the lefties are laughing and saying "TAKE THEM ALL".

With the assumption that you would never escalate the situation, you lose and 2A goes backward a step or two.

Worse case scenario, I'm not going there, and 2A gets the blame.

Understand, I fully support anyone's oc at any event, but if you even think that you would be asked to surrender your firearm - my situational awareness says "NO GO". I been to a couple rallies that have been very peaceful (Harrisburg). Has it gone that much different in other parts of the state??

I have to say fellas, ya'll are some of the most intelligent guys I know of. I come here for info on everything from gunsmithing to house repairs. But I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the responses.

We have way of life to defend. Going in with "a sacrificial firearm" is not my idea of a win.

I know of no great battle that was ever won that began with the assumption of surrender. I'm not saying surrender or initiate, I'm saying avoid.

Be cool. Let cooler heads prevail.

fritz

(leaving to wrap myself in fireproof blanket)

I wont get into the merits of open carry demonstrations because the success of one can be seen on video in it's entirety from this past Monday, those who attended can fill you in on that. However I personally know at least 2 dozen guys from all over the country who carry handguns on a daily basis and whether it's concealed or open they don't carry their valuable pistols. Many of them carry a Glock or something similar just in case it's confiscated, and the least likely scenario for that happening is an actual shooting. Which is what I see being asked and discussed here.

As far as sitting back and letting cooler heads prevail, remember we are gun owners citizens who live on the fringe of today's modern society who are directly responsible for blocking the way of progress. The same people that love their weapons of war more then their next door neighbors kids and are fine using intimidation and the implied threat of violence to try and silence the voices of the just. The same ones who actually do not want to take away your guns they just want to ban them outright for future generations so that they have nothing to do with them or defend themselves with in 50 years.

Respectfully and legally being pro active and standing up for what you believe in while changing the course of common belief regardless of the cause is far from running around like a shaved ape inbred rebel yeller screaming Constitution mother F--ker! in the faces of the cameras.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 11th, 2019 at 02:29 PM.

(Cumberland County)

I concede.

I guess for some folks, it is just a bumper sticker.
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I heard from an ex Seal Ranger 'Nam vet working at a gun shop that Mattel made the first issued M-16's and they jammed always. They are probably fairly cheap and no great loss
    Was that at French Creek, or Cabela's?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Was that at French Creek, or Cabela's?
    Dicks sporting goods for sure.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Dicks sporting goods for sure.
    I'm just glad it wasn't Walmart.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Walleye,

No different than carrying an "ordinary" handgun for cc as opposed to a gifted handgun that your deceased father gave you years ago.
    if the police pull you over and he "runs the numbers" you're gonna lose that gun when the numbers don't come back to you.

Nobody plans to "sacrifice" a rifle, but it's pretty smart to consider the possibility of having it taken from you - because shit happens and you can't control the illegal actions of law enforcement.

i'd think any of the numerous builds you can do from PSA would fit the bill of cheap and willing to get stolen by the police.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast