Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: I Feel the Need for a Sacrificial Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Seeing as things are getting deeper I want to obtain something that I won't mind losing should I get arrested during a rally. What I have now is not an option to have turned into scrap during a confiscation. Looking for suggestions or if anyone has anything that's pretty scrappy that they could sell cheap that would be great too. Whether or not it functions properly isn't really an issue if it's cheap.
    Get one of those shitty ATI Omni Hybrid all poly AR's for like $300.00 or a higher quality Air Soft rifle that will pass muster.

(Chester County)

I want something to keep their heads down while I 23 skidooo.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

My vote is for the cheapest available build on PSA now. Or a used PSA build for cheap in the classifieds.

(Montgomery County)

and please no airsoft, that's embarrassing.

(Allegheny County)

So is "polymer".

I don't know why people buy those polymer guns when the real deal is literally a few dollars more.
    I could see if it actually saved you a ton of money, but prices are SO low now...

Note that I do own a poly lower. I don't see the attraction. I won't buy another.
    (My GWAC CAV15 is not in the same league, BTW - wouldn't hesitate to buy more of those even at higher price than "normal")

(Berks County)

Hey Walleye, check with EM. He started the thread concerning deals on guns. Perhaps he knows if Dick's is having a sale or something...

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Not knowing how much you want to spend or specifically what kind of rifle you want, when I wanted a rifle for similar reasons, that I wouldn't hate losing, I bought an M&P sport 2.

That is also the one I chose to carry in Pittsburgh, the other day. I think it is a very nice basic rifle for under $600, and mine is pretty damn accurate too, for my purposes anyway.
    This is what I have for protest purposes. I bought it in protest, so I'll carry it to protests..., thought I carried my MCX the other day because I was confident nothing was going to happen.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Easiest and cheapest way to resolve this is just borrow and friend or family members rifle for a "fun day of shooting" and then head off to the rally

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    and please no airsoft, that's embarrassing.
    It doesn't bother the police when they set up the folding tables full of confiscated guns and airsoft and NERF and slingshots and old issues of "Shotgun News" and a GI Joe playset.

As long as it doesn't come with an orange muzzle and the parts look reasonably correct, it sends the right message.

Be advised that you can still properly be charged with a variety of crimes if you point it at strangers or otherwise act like a dumbass.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Cumberland County)

Walleye,

I cc and fully I support your right to oc. My elder brother (a vet in his 70s) has a saying, "you're flying up your own ass". I think your situation applies. Why would you ever attend an event, I assume behaving in a completely peaceful and lawful fashion, where you thought there was the possibility that you would be ordered to surrender your firearm to anyone? Regardless of the value of the firearm!

No one supports 2A more than I do but I avoid situations like that. How is your scenario a win for you or 2A. Best case scenario, the next morning news all the lefties are laughing and saying "TAKE THEM ALL".

With the assumption that you would never escalate the situation, you lose and 2A goes backward a step or two.

Worse case scenario, I'm not going there, and 2A gets the blame.

Understand, I fully support anyone's oc at any event, but if you even think that you would be asked to surrender your firearm - my situational awareness says "NO GO". I been to a couple rallies that have been very peaceful (Harrisburg). Has it gone that much different in other parts of the state??

I have to say fellas, ya'll are some of the most intelligent guys I know of. I come here for info on everything from gunsmithing to house repairs. But I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the responses.

We have way of life to defend. Going in with "a sacrificial firearm" is not my idea of a win.

I know of no great battle that was ever won that began with the assumption of surrender. I'm not saying surrender or initiate, I'm saying avoid.

Be cool. Let cooler heads prevail.

fritz

(leaving to wrap myself in fireproof blanket)
    Obama. AYFKM?! / Pravda vit'azi.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast