Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AWB push

(Bucks County)

Default The AWB push

What is driving the push for this by Peduto and now by Wolf...

Why all of a sudden they want to shaft us in the state.

Your thoughts?

(Washington County)

Default Re: The AWB push

They're liberals. They always wanted this. They think they found their opportunity.

F-him in the ear. Hes just pissed that the rally wasn't about him.

(Lancaster County)

Every session these things are offered in the legislature. Wolf can jump on board now because the election is over. And they are feeling their oats after 2060 was passed last session. You know the bill that wasn't a gun bill when they were debating it but now is being crowed as such?

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Every session these things are offered in the legislature. Wolf can jump on board now because the election is over. And they are feeling their oats after 2060 was passed last session. You know the bill that wasn't a gun bill when they were debating it but now is being crowed as such?

But of course, that is why my State Senator, Republican Lisa Baker voted for it. She wrote me that it was a "public safety" bill not a "gun control" bill! Patent, condescending nonsense. There has never been a gun control bill anywhere or anytime in history that has not been presented as a "public safety' measure. I was more disturbed by her duplicitous rationale than by her vote, because with that logic there cannot be a single infringement bill she will oppose, in the interest of "public safety", of course.

Does FOAC track who is getting Bloomberg money or money channeled through Bloomberg supported or aligned groups and individuals?

Maybe we should all stop calling it the "Assault Weapons Ban" or "AWB". It is a Semi Auto Ban, and SAB. Assault weapons are a leftist fiction anyhow, relentlessly used by the media and the left to confuse people.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; January 8th, 2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post

Your thoughts?
    I think, coupled with a 5-2 dem supreme court, they think the legislature will shift in their favor and this is all part of spurring that.

They will use things like the Tree of Life, plus this "coalition" of other local governments, to demonize the republicans for "not doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING," to save lives.

I'm pretty pessimistic about where PA is headed. I may be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

I will fight to the end (while searching for houses in WV).
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Follow the money. It is all these polecats care about.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I think, coupled with a 5-2 dem supreme court, they think the legislature will shift in their favor and this is all part of spurring that.

They will use things like the Tree of Life, plus this "coalition" of other local governments, to demonize the republicans for "not doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING," to save lives.

I'm pretty pessimistic about where PA is headed. I may be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

I will fight to the end (while searching for houses in WV).
    I left NJ for PA during the breathing spell accorded by Chris Christie, I am making my stand here. There is no safe state anymore.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post

Your thoughts?
    They got a mass shooting in the state, in a synagogue that gave them the boost they wanted. Wolf doesn't need to worry about re election either.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    But of course, that is why my State Senator, Republican Lisa Baker voted for it. She wrote me that it was a "public safety" bill not a "gun control" bill! Patent, condescending nonsense. There has never been a gun control bill anywhere or anytime in history that has not been presented as a "public safety' measure. I was more disturbed by her duplicitous rationale than by her vote, because with that logic there cannot be a single infringement bill she will oppose, in the interest of "public safety", of course.

Does FOAC track who is getting Bloomberg money or money channeled through Bloomberg supported or aligned groups and individuals?

Maybe we should all stop calling it the "Assault Weapons Ban" or "AWB". It is a Semi Auto Ban, and SAB. Assault weapons are a leftist fiction anyhow, relentlessly used by the media and the left to confuse people.
    That information is on the state website. We are required to report everything also. I believe it's anything over $50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast