Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

anti-gun reps will hide, pro gun reps will shake hands and we'll just have to fill all the local parking decks. that part of the city should come to a crawl with our traffic volume.

it isn't like the anti-gunners don't know WHY we're there. they just want us all to disappear, by force if need be. so show them overwhelming numbers.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

To motivate the most number of people, I think that as a legislative goal, we should try to get enhanced preemption (what was Act 192) pushed through, leveraging off of P-burgh and politically targeting Peduto & Wolf.

I think we need about 25 D's in the state house to vote yes in order to get a veto-proof majority and force it down Wolf's throat. But if that is the 'hot topic' as we approach May 6, I think we get the numbers of gun owners we want, to turn out.

Do you folks agree?

BTW: enhanced preemption allowed any resident of a city/county/municipality or any organization with a member who is a resident, to sue rather only those who can show "harm" in order to have standing. If that were in place today, people would be lining up to sue P-burgh.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    To motivate the most number of people, I think that as a legislative goal, we should try to get enhanced preemption (what was Act 192) pushed through, leveraging off of P-burgh and politically targeting Peduto & Wolf.

I think we need about 25 D's in the state house to vote yes in order to get a veto-proof majority and force it down Wolf's throat. But if that is the 'hot topic' as we approach May 6, I think we get the numbers of gun owners we want, to turn out.

Do you folks agree?

BTW: enhanced preemption allowed any resident of a city/county/municipality or any organization with a member who is a resident, to sue rather only those who can show "harm" in order to have standing. If that were in place today, people would be lining up to sue P-burgh.
    Seems like a good idea to me.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I just listened in on a meeting, those false things are still being spoken. One person even claimed that the police were following people to vehicles to check for concealed weapons.

I don't expect both sides of this issue are ever going to agree on this, unfortunately. At least not while falsehoods are spoken openly like that.
    That's utter bs. The police weren't an issue at all and they generally seemed to be on our side. I recorded all the way to the garage from the rally and didn't see a single leo after a block or two.

As for Harrisburg, I still see the value in going inside to try and communicate with legislatures. It seems like it makes a better impact than just screaming talking points when you can have a discussion. Whether it's held inside or out I'm still planning on going in at the end of it. If people want to stay out and carry Rifles more power to them, if it boosts our numbers in total. It's been done plenty of times and isn't an issue.

(Berks County)

I'm not sure what I'm going to do but one option is to leave the wife out guarding the patio with the Z5RS while I go inside.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    As for Harrisburg, I still see the value in going inside to try and communicate with legislatures. It seems like it makes a better impact than just screaming talking points when you can have a discussion. Whether it's held inside or out I'm still planning on going in at the end of it. If people want to stay out and carry Rifles more power to them, if it boosts our numbers in total. It's been done plenty of times and isn't an issue.
    Exactly! Anything you do is positive unless you are a total ass.

Visiting legislators is important for those who are so inclined. Love us or hate us, they know the difference between real stakeholders who take a day off from work to travel at their own expense to let their views be known and "props" who have been given a free bus ride, lunch and T shirt to follow paid shills around for a day.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Lebanon County)

does anyone know what time it starts, how long the gathering is, and how long meeting with reps takes? I am going to ask for the day off (which is slim since the request process opens less that 30 days ahead of the day requested off), yet might be able to squeeze in being there outside before starting work...starting time is normally 3pm but intermittently start time is 11am depending on 'anticipated staffing needs'

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do but one option is to leave the wife out guarding the patio with the Z5RS while I go inside.
    lol...that'll make an indelible impact on uninitiated folks walking by! in the past when I attended outdoor rallies (Red Lion, Chambersburg, and Harrisburg in '12 & '13) I would conceal carry and bring an owb holster if I felt the mojo at the sites allowed open carry to enhance emphasis;

the Chambersburg gathering had several attendees from over the border in Maryland and seeing folks doing open carry led to several curious conversations...

the Red Lion gathering had me approached by a curious woman asking about the gathering & she bolted when I mentioned gun rites; during that event there were 4 police cars patrolling thru the intetrsection during the 2 hours I was there; my 'red flag' moment was seeing several semiautomatic rifles 'grounded' on bipods with beta pod mags inserted and pointing out into the intersection...told my friend who has attended rallies for a long time & he tactfully approached the owners who didn't understand the implications at first but we explained a bit further: 1) a charged (and potentially live loaded) weapon was out of owners' possession and 2) the muzzles were pointed into public areas with bypassers in potential harm's way; then the lightbulb clicked and the rifles were secured on their persons with muzzles down

if I can attend Harrisburg I will either conceal carry (and check it at capitol if I get the day off) or not carry at all (would go to work afterward and my employer doesn't allow employees to have weapons on property)

Quote Originally Posted by kmrcstintn View Post
    does anyone know what time it starts, how long the gathering is, and how long meeting with reps takes? I am going to ask for the day off (which is slim since the request process opens less that 30 days ahead of the day requested off), yet might be able to squeeze in being there outside before starting work...starting time is normally 3pm but intermittently start time is 11am depending on 'anticipated staffing needs'
    I suggest waiting for the official flyer (end of January) but normally the rally starts at 10:00 AM and goes to about 11:30 AM.

Then people go to lawmaker's offices to lobby for specific legislation. Conveniently, the Dems are never in. . .
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Let's not forget the organizers from last year who told folks to stay home if they were planning to stay outside and OC. I can think of one here by name, and I'm sure the thread is still around, if anyone cares to look.

A lot of good it did for folks to pack the rotunda last year (and I was there.) Remind me of all the 2a wins on the state level last year, I'll wait.
    THIS ONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I agree with you on both counts.
    But if a guy is only going to stand outside or not show up at all, I would rather he be there to add to the crowd numbers.

Posters name omitted
    My view is the exact opposite. If a so called 2A supporter is not willing to come inside and join the rest of us in showing legislators unity, determination, and group size, then don't do me any freakin' favors. Stay home. Don't come and pretend you are helping because you are not.

Get with the freakin' program... go inside, rally, then go see your lawmakers, especially the weak Republicans and even the Democrats. Leave a note that you were there. Ask why they hide every time we show up. Go freakin' do something instead of walking around outside like you lost your freakin' platoon and don't know where the damn enemy got off to.
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast