Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It works here, do you have a fakebook account? I think it's a members only club.
    I do, and was logged in. Weird. No big deal.

EDIT: It loads now. Must have just been gremlins.
    Eddie

(Franklin County)

For cripes sake. If you can't wait, then GO....have your own, go alone if you have to. STOP fucking pissing on every one else's efforts.

*I know the real reason is that they want to claim credit for the turnout, and can't do that if they do their own thing.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    For cripes sake. If you can't wait, then GO....have your own, go alone if you have to. STOP fucking pissing on every one else's efforts.

*I know the real reason is that they want to claim credit for the turnout, and can't do that if they do their own thing.
    Seriously. I mean, how childish.

They've been holding this rally for YEARS and now they should just alter their plans because some nobody wants to do it on a different day?

Unreal.

Yes, they've been doing it for many years. This will be the 14th annual 2nd Amendment Action Day.

While many here know that, it seems that many more on Facebook have no idea that this is an annual event, that it is organized by a handful of House Reps, and that it is in fact a day whereby they get to show the size and power of their constituency where people are asked to go office to office lobbying for short list of specific bills in order to garner sponsors. Many seem to think this rally just sprung up, and is only about P-burgh.

The fact there are a bunch of new people who have never heard of it before, is probably a good thing. Hopefully they will come.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Yes, they've been doing it for many years. This will be the 14th annual 2nd Amendment Action Day.

While many here know that, it seems that many more on Facebook have no idea that this is an annual event, that it is organized by a handful of House Reps, and that it is in fact a day whereby they get to show the size and power of their constituency where people are asked to go office to office lobbying for short list of specific bills in order to garner sponsors. Many seem to think this rally just sprung up, and is only about P-burgh.

The fact there are a bunch of new people who have never heard of it before, is probably a good thing. Hopefully they will come.

Yes I don't expect it will be changed because of the requester. Didn't see a need to argue with them. I agree with the guys above, if they want to go rally now, go rally.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yes I don't expect it will be changed because of the requester. Didn't see a need to argue with them. I agree with the guys above, if they want to go rally now, go rally.
    I have had an account here since 2012, but wasn't real active. So I'm at the early stages of learning who is who here. You seem to be heavily involved here. So I just wanted to say thank you for what you do.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    I have had an account here since 2012, but wasn't real active. So I'm at the early stages of learning who is who here. You seem to be heavily involved here. So I just wanted to say thank you for what you do.
    Thank you, there are many here far more involved than I am and just as involved. I've attended a few rallies, reached out to representatives, and such, it's only pretty recently that I've wanted to become more active in a more..., aggressive way. The Pittsburgh shit lit me off. There are guys here that have been in the PA fight for 25 years or more.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

nothing is stopping people from rallying every day of the damned week, the more the better, the more often the better.

i did just find out about this last year and am surprised it's the 14th annual.
    certainly need to get the message out there. when the flyer comes out i'll ask my range to post it.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

This is plenty of notice, thanks. I will put in for that day off (I am not being sarcastic: seriously, thank you).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    While I don't have a problem to with the date, perhaps it would be best to consider in the long term having it either a month before or a month after when it is typically scheduled nowadays. It always seems to occur during the beginning week of spring turkey season.

Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast