Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    To motivate the most number of people, I think that as a legislative goal, we should try to get enhanced preemption (what was Act 192) pushed through, leveraging off of P-burgh and politically targeting Peduto & Wolf.

I think we need about 25 D's in the state house to vote yes in order to get a veto-proof majority and force it down Wolf's throat. But if that is the 'hot topic' as we approach May 6, I think we get the numbers of gun owners we want, to turn out.

Do you folks agree?

BTW: enhanced preemption allowed any resident of a city/county/municipality or any organization with a member who is a resident, to sue rather only those who can show "harm" in order to have standing. If that were in place today, people would be lining up to sue P-burgh.
    And how many is that? I certainly wouldn't want to come if you already have the allotted amount.

When is the announcement that outside rally attendees are NOT welcome again this year?
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CycleTech View Post
    And how many is that? I certainly wouldn't want to come if you already have the allotted amount.

When is the announcement that outside rally attendees are NOT welcome again this year?
    What is your position on this rally? In what way are you going to chip in? What are your suggestions to make it bigger and better?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What is your position on this rally? In what way are you going to chip in? What are your suggestions to make it bigger and better?
    DON'T ALIENATED ANYONE!!!!!!

I was front and center last year!!!!! I am a big boy I can do my own talking to Reps.
    I am not ready to commit just yet till I am sure outside rally goers are welcome.

(Berks County)

DON'T ALIENATED ANYONE!!!!!!

I was front and center last year!!!!! I am a big boy I can do my own talking to Reps.
    I am not ready to commit just yet till I am sure outside rally goers are welcome.
    Don't let anyone alienate you, there are always going to be naysayers and doomsayers. Do your own thing and feel comfortable with it. One thing that I have noticed is that nobody was giving anyone else and gruff over what they were sporting at these events (except the Moms need something to do crowd). You'll see guys with long guns and short guns hanging round out front and some may not even have guns (or guns that you can see).
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Don't let anyone alienate you, there are always going to be naysayers and doomsayers. Do your own thing and feel comfortable with it. One thing that I have noticed is that nobody was giving anyone else and gruff over what they were sporting at these events (except the Moms need something to do crowd). You'll see guys with long guns and short guns hanging round out front and some may not even have guns (or guns that you can see).

Trust me they wont. I was there last year 5 ft from the podium. I was sitting with the KAHR Arms folks before the rally started. They even offered me some of their snacks they brought with them. Nice people. I was probably the only one there on a motorcycle, or one of few. I have an idea to attract some media attention to the rally, but I am gonna stay hushed for now. pending attitudes towards outside rally attendees.

Looks like you're picking a fight. I won't play....

There was never an announcement that outside rallies were not welcome. I made the statement that the day is a legislative day. . . that is its purpose. There was a great deal of bickering at that time. There were multiple posts where I said that people should stop the nonsense about inside/outside and come participate in the day as planned.

If you are offended by candid statements, so be it.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Looks like you're picking a fight. I won't play....

There was never an announcement that outside rallies were not welcome. I made the statement that the day is a legislative day. . . that is its purpose. There was a great deal of bickering at that time. There were multiple posts where I said that people should stop the nonsense about inside/outside and come participate in the day as planned.

If you are offended by candid statements, so be it.

Your Kidding me, right???

I didn't follow last year's rally posts because I could go.

However, several of us have announced our intentions to rally outside this year, with long arms, and no one told us we couldn't.

Join us. The past is the past regardless of what happened.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Your Kidding me, right???
    Perhaps you misunderstand. My opinion is my opinion. I speak for noone but myself. I am not an organizer. No such official announcement was made by the organizers.

Also, while people can & did gather outside, the day is not *about* outside. The day is not about OC or CC. Mostly, the day is not about you doing it as you want.

The day is about a group of roughly a dozen lawmakers who are fighting the fight for our 2A rights day in and day out, and about showing up for them so they have power to influence what happens legislatively. We need to fill the Rotunda and as many as possible walk the halls visiting lawmakers. Last year was the first time in the last 10 that the Rotunda was filled.

I'm sure some will be tempted to say "a lot of good filling the Rotunda last year did... we got HB2060". I won't defend those lawmakers who voted for it, but no one wins every battle and our core group of pro-2A lawmakers fought long and hard to stop that bill. Also, we will never know what in fact they did stop from hitting a floor vote.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

I agree filling the rotunda is important, and depending on turnout, I'm willing to put my arms away and come inside. However, I intend on helping to drive attendance via social media, so I'm hoping there will be plenty of need for both inside and outside rallying.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast