Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 95 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Agreed! While I am not sold on me personally slinging a rifle over my shoulder I am highly opposed to some other supposed freedom loving gun rights activist telling me that I cannot, should not, because I am making us look bad as a whole.
    I'm with you. YOU DO YOU!

Know the law. Carry (or not) IF you want and HOW you want.

I'm not going to tell you I don't want you fighting with me because you're openly carrying a rifle....or concealing instead of OC....or even not carrying at all on a given day.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    We can have our cake and eat it too. Both things are important. Being inside and outside. I am planning on carrying a long gun this year and staying outside. I know others that are as well. I hope you consider joining us. I also see and support the idea of people going to speak to the representatives. There are plenty of people to do both things.
    Yeah, I hope I wasn't interpreted as saying that people showing up just to add to our numbers aren't important. I was just trying to explain why the importance of being inside as well.

Ultimately, there's 2 groups of people that we need to get on our side: the politicians, and the people who vote for them.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Let's not forget the organizers from last year who told folks to stay home if they were planning to stay outside and OC. I can think of one here by name, and I'm sure the thread is still around, if anyone cares to look.

A lot of good it did for folks to pack the rotunda last year (and I was there.) Remind me of all the 2a wins on the state level last year, I'll wait.
    A few years ago I quit coming to this forum for this very reason. I was neg repped and publicly berated for my thoughts on open carrying and I remember exactly who it was too. And the moderators then supported their behavior. Good to see things changed around here and Pittsburgh was a prime example of how their claims were wrong.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

There were multiple reasons for doing it indoors over the past 2(?) years. Most important was the small crowd. Three years ago we had as few as maybe 125 people total, in the rain, outside. It looked worse than having no rally at all and we couldn't hear squat then either.

Another reason is that all other groups hold their rallies inside. Lawmakers know the size of the group based on how they fill out the rotunda and staircase.

Another reason is to get people to walk around and visit their lawkers rather than hang outside for an hour and a half, then just leave.

I was very vocal last year about the need to come inside rather than stay outside. As it turned out, many could not get in so everyone outside just looked like overflow regardless of the reason they were outside. In any case, the fact that we filled the rotunda to capacity was a good thing.

My point was then and is now that this rally has a very specific legislative purpose. If we had only 125 people inside and another 50 outside the only ones seen by lawmakers would have been the 125 inside. We should hear within the next week or two, whether it will be in or out.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Lancaster County)

There was still plenty of room in the rotunda. Just had to go up.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    We should hear within the next week or two, whether it will be in or out.
    Regardless of whatever else is going on, there will DEFINITELY be a gathering OUTSIDE. That much has already been decided by some of us.

How about we stop whining , pack the inside AND outside, ask for a speaker to be set up for the outside attendees to hear, and barrage the reps inside afterwards. We couldn't fit everyone inside last year, no reason we can't beat that number this year, especially after Wolf got reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    How about we stop whining , pack the inside AND outside, ask for a speaker to be set up for the outside attendees to hear, and barrage the reps inside afterwards. We couldn't fit everyone inside last year, no reason we can't beat that number this year, especially after Wolf got reelected.
    Yes. Inside and outside. Fill the steps down to the street. Not hundreds, thousands. Getting the word out now as many are doing is a good start. I think the bills are going to be so atrocious that motivating more than the usual number of firearms owners should not be as difficult.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I just listened in on a meeting, those false things are still being spoken. One person even claimed that the police were following people to vehicles to check for concealed weapons.

I don't expect both sides of this issue are ever going to agree on this, unfortunately. At least not while falsehoods are spoken openly like that.
    Is it possible that somebody is a mole?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Is it possible that somebody is a mole?
    Just a jealous liar intent on undermining others.

Page 20 of 95 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast