Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Can we check long guns at the entrance? I don't know; I've always checked a pistol. I think I'd like to bring my 1894 "Cookie".
    It was asked before, they won't check them. If it doesn't fit in their "boxes" it's a no go.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    March, April cold weather and snow possible less people. May, warm weather rain possible, more people.
    Yep, doesn't stop anyone from doing something earlier. This is always scheduled in the spring, I'm guessing weather plays a part in that.

The capital is open to the public all the time. Groups can come and go as they please even without a scheduled event. Frequent smaller groups going and lobbying would be a good thing. I'd be willing to make a trip to the capital once or twice before May. I'm going to be down there for the outdoor show at least once anyways, maybe I'll swing over to the capital then as well.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    It was asked before, they won't check them. If it doesn't fit in their "boxes" it's a no go.
    Sounds like discrimination. What if they decide to make the boxes 3"×3"?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Ah ok, hard to spot jest in a comment, especially when you don't use the silly face. I'd call you an old fart that doesn't understand the interwebs but you're younger than me.
    intentional confusion is intentional. i was looking for an amusing rise. this forum does have a distinct lack of emoji though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Sounds like discrimination. What if they decide to make the boxes 3"×3"?
    you'd just have to carry some of those super deadly high caliber extra concealable derringers. especially the ones that go through metal detectors and fire around corners.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lancaster County)

If the event happens any later nothing would be considered that we talked to them about because they are consumed by the budget.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    If the event happens any later nothing would be considered that we talked to them about because they are consumed by the budget.
    Have they ever REALLY considered anything that we’ve said?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    If there's not already one made, I'm considering designing a flyer to hand out at local gun shops. If we all help and hit every county, could be a record turnout.
    I did this last year. Every place I went to, no one knew about the Rally.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    alpacaheat: There will be an official event flyer. I don't know if it is done yet because the basic event theme may or may not have been decided yet. If not, it will be soon and flyers should be ready for the NRA Harrisburg show.

JustinHemi: The organizer is officially Rep Daryl Metcalfe. FOAC is an event sponsor. Metcalfe's office can take questions, but I suggest only 1 person be responsible for making contact so we don't bother them with a bunch of calls. In any case, I would wait until late January because i'm sure they are working on the theme and speakers.

Does anyone here have contact info for Kaitlin or the guy who spoke toward the end (Sean?) who I think he said was SWAT? If so, please PM me. We can ask Rep Metcalfe to invite them.

and yes, the date is Monday May 6, 2019. . . (this is the 14th annual 2A Day)
    Can we get Moon from Kahr Arms there again too? How about Bill Geissele? How about all PA firearm companies? I think I came across a list not too long ago Ill try and look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa View Post
    Can we get Moon from Kahr Arms there again too? How about Bill Geissele? How about all PA firearm companies? I think I came across a list not too long ago Ill try and look for it.
    Hell every PA gun shop owner or gear maker should make it a point to be present for this event including a representative from Cabelas since they sponsor so many other PA based shooting sport events.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Hell every PA gun shop owner or gear maker should make it a point to be present for this event including a representative from Cabelas since they sponsor so many other PA based shooting sport events.
    Agreed. Sadly many places did not hear about it last year in my experience. Ill work on putting together a list and either contact them personally or forward to the appropriate people if they think having the Reps office make contact would be preferable.

Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast