Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    Great meeting everyone today. Poofa had a great turnout. We should be proud we are doing something.

I was a little disappointed the turnout seemed less than last year..and this has been the year of Pittsburgh tyranny. Maybe I was too optimistic because I'm now on Fakebook and other "social" media outlets and there seemed to be very high energy for the rally.

Someone needs to be critical of the turnout...1000 people in a state where there are how many gun owners? 3-4 million? There's about 1.3 million with a LTCF.

I think the turnout today will give wolf and perduto more confidence. Our legislators know exactly how they will vote whether 30 people or no one visits their office on the rally day. These rat bastards are all about job security (most of them, but some actually believe what they say). Just look at toomey on the fed level.

I'm struggling with how to get people out and involved. Or skip that shit and figure how to support the lawyers who will really fight the battles.

On a positive note...we sold 19 hats and some were to people who aren't members. I think we managed to get some new signed up to the forum.

Thank you to all who bought hats and welcome to our new members.
    I think that a number of us have bitched about crowd size, to the point of being sick of hearing ourselves talk about it. The few who are fully committed are tired of doing all the work and deserve a little time on the beach.

We all struggle with getting people involved. Conservatives and libertarians like minimal government and so we tend to avoid government and politics. Not so with our opposition. So, we end up be governed by our political enemies.

I don't think you can substitute lawyers for lobbying. They are both critical. Ours is a war that must be fought on may fronts. We need to:
    • Raise awareness
    • Educate
    • Organize
    • Mobilize
    • Elect constitutionalists
    • Lobby the elected
    • Replace failed officials
    • Sue corrupt officials
    • Repeat...
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    I think that a number of us have bitched about crowd size, to the point of being sick of hearing ourselves talk about it. The few who are fully committed are tired of doing all the work and deserve a little time on the beach.

We all struggle with getting people involved. Conservatives and libertarians like minimal government and so we tend to avoid government and politics. Not so with our opposition. So, we end up be governed by our political enemies.

I don't think you can substitute lawyers for lobbying. They are both critical. Ours is a war that must be fought on may fronts. We need to:
    • Raise awareness
    • Educate
    • Organize
    • Mobilize
    • Elect constitutionalists
    • Lobby the elected
    • Replace failed officials
    • Sue corrupt officials
    • Repeat...
    Add to that, "Go on the Offensive". We are always playing defense, and therefore "catch up". How about some of our politicians start a movement to repeal things like the GCA 1968? They don't because many of them are scared, gutless, career politicians that don't want to rock the boat.

I heard this from many at the rally yesterday. We are always on the defensive, and reacting. That's not a way to keep or expand rights.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

The crowd size would have been significantly worse without us, and we were a BIG part of the optics outside. It's better to be proud of that than to whine about who didn't show up.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The crowd size would have been significantly worse without us, and we were a BIG part of the optics outside. It's better to be proud of that than to whine about who didn't show up.
    It was a big improvement over a few years ago. Hopefully it'll keep getting bigger.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jgs164 View Post
    I was there yesterday, and thought the rotunda wasn't filled as much as last year, which was really jammed (my wife and I were one of the last few allowed in last year). I'm wondering if they cut off the crowd early for safety reasons? (real or fabricated....)
    I saw them turning people away at the front door not long after the rally started (not sure how long). The rotunda was not full yet and people were being turned away.

Maybe a good excuse to move out to the steps next year?

(Bucks County)

So i apologize that i was unable to make the breakfast. I know I said i was going to be there, but things happen. I got there about 9:45 and was able to get through security at the front with no issues. I got there right before all the red-shirt Langhorne contingent arrived, so good for me. I was off to the right the whole time in my green Tandemkross shirt. Looking through the pictures posted I can see myself in 2 of them kind of behind the steps leaning against a lamp post. (it was hot and I needed to get some air but could hear everything just fine next to the speakers).

It was great seeing everyone in the Rotunda and I'm sorry that I didn't get to hook up with any other poofers.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Berks County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    I’d like to add my 2cents about yesterday as well. I had a great day, it was cool to meet guys from the forum, I just registered here last week but I’ve been lurking for a bit. Everyone I talked to yesterday was down to earth and of like mind. It was quite refreshing to be around so many other patriots, I know personally, at times, it’s easy to start to feel as if the whole world has gone to the lunatic left. Yesterday proved otherwise to me. We really do have a fight here in PA we need all hands on deck or we will find ourselves in the same boat those poor guys in jersey and New York are in.
    It's good to see fresh faces joining the fray, were you the thin, younger guy?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

There’s a lot more women carrying, shooting, and hunting today then there ever was, WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    There’s a lot more women carrying, shooting, and hunting today then there ever was, WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN?
    Making sammiches for the after parties.

I found me. Intently listening!

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast