Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

just let my ride know he doesn't have to wait around for me.
    feel bad but this way worst case no one else is inconvenienced.
    this way i have an extra 2-3hrs to work with and if i feel like crap, can just turn around and go.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Yeah...I'm an asshole about little things, like what the law actually says.
    If you want to talk about forcing the Capitol to follow the law I have no issue with that.
    The decent way to do that is to start another thread and not confuse new people.
    You can form a group of guys that will deliberately show up to check in AR's.

What I take issue with is posting confusing information and sending uninformed new people to check in AR's.
    You don't send uninformed new people to unknowingly fight your battle at the Capitol.
    It's completely unethical.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(York County)

Just a quick note for those that haven’t looked over the first post lately: we are having a PAFOA social get together and late lunch after Harrisburg. Everyone from the forum is invited. There’s a separate thread here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=345811
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Pike County)

I will be working 2nd Shift that day so I will have time to attend the rally before work, looking forward to seeing you all again.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    If you want to talk about forcing the Capitol to follow the law I have no issue with that.
    The decent way to do that is to start another thread and not confuse new people.
    You can form a group of guys that will deliberately show up to check in AR's.

What I take issue with is posting confusing information and sending uninformed new people to check in AR's.
    You don't send uninformed new people to unknowingly fight your battle at the Capitol.
    It's completely unethical.
    Again....clueless.

I am noting that based exactly on announced "policies", there should be ZERO issue checking anything that PA law defines as a handgun/pistol. I am making zero reference to "long guns" of ANY type. What's being suggested here is no different than saying "except Desert Eagle models, because they won't fit in the box."

NOT. OUR. PROBLEM.

I laugh every time I hear how "supportive" Capitol police are of our efforts, as they openly mock us by announcing which ways the law isn't convenient for them. Metcalfe holds just as much responsibility. He claims to be a firebrand, but yet the blatant disregard can be counted on like clockwork. Of course, he's exempt from the prohibition completely, so there's that.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; May 5th, 2019 at 05:28 AM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Hey guys, if I do choose to bring a rifle a stay outside I just wandered what goes on outside? Going to see my jaw makers from the area I’m in probably would be just about as effective as talking to a wall, they are all dems so logic and reason is lost on them, I hold no hopes of anything I might say changing their positions on anything so I’m not overly concerned with going in, at Pittsburgh I realize the whole event was outside but I didn’t bring my rifle because for one I had a coworker ride me down and didn’t know how he would feel about it and I didn’t know how close I’d be able to be dropped off and didn’t know what to expect as far as walking the streets of Pittsburgh alone with a rifle, once I got there I regretted not carrying my rifle. I realize that open carry is not the main intent but I like the idea of people seeing guy with these so called scary rifles in public to help maybe take some of the mystery away from the uneducated. Really torn.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Again....clueless.

I am noting that based exactly on announced "policies", there should be ZERO issue checking anything that PA law defines as a handgun/pistol. I am making zero reference to "long guns" of ANY type. What's being suggested here is no different than saying "except Desert Eagle models, because they won't fit in the box."

NOT. OUR. PROBLEM.

I laugh every time I hear how "supportive" Capitol police are of our efforts, as they openly mock us by announcing which ways the law isn't convenient for them. Metcalfe holds just as much responsibility. He claims to be a firebrand, but yet the blatant disregard can be counted on like clockwork. Of course, he's exempt from the prohibition completely, so there's that.
    Yes, I'm clueless.
    Thank you for pointing that out to me.

I already said I agree with what you are trying to do, I just disagree with how you are doing it.
    I already offered a reasonable suggestion to help you accomplish your stated goal.

Achieving goals requires consensus with the people that agree with you.
    Fighting allies is not leadership and it accomplishes nothing.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by TB3 View Post
    Hey guys, if I do choose to bring a rifle a stay outside I just wandered what goes on outside? Going to see my jaw makers from the area I’m in probably would be just about as effective as talking to a wall, they are all dems so logic and reason is lost on them, I hold no hopes of anything I might say changing their positions on anything so I’m not overly concerned with going in, at Pittsburgh I realize the whole event was outside but I didn’t bring my rifle because for one I had a coworker ride me down and didn’t know how he would feel about it and I didn’t know how close I’d be able to be dropped off and didn’t know what to expect as far as walking the streets of Pittsburgh alone with a rifle, once I got there I regretted not carrying my rifle. I realize that open carry is not the main intent but I like the idea of people seeing guy with these so called scary rifles in public to help maybe take some of the mystery away from the uneducated. Really torn.
    There is not much going on outside other than a group of people exercising their rights (not saying that is unimportant). The organizers were going to try to put a sound system outside so others could hear, but IMO it is unlikely to happen.

If at all possible, please join us inside. FOAC runs teams of people with assigned leaders to key lawmakers. You can go to their table before the rally starts and sign up, then walk with that group.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Schuylkill County)

So how will the weather be tomorrow in Harrisburg? Will it be raining? I hope not. Im all ready to go to the rally, got signs made and all.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    There is not much going on outside other than a group of people exercising their rights (not saying that is unimportant). The organizers were going to try to put a sound system outside so others could hear, but IMO it is unlikely to happen.

If at all possible, please join us inside. FOAC runs teams of people with assigned leaders to key lawmakers. You can go to their table before the rally starts and sign up, then walk with that group.
    Or do what many of us do: gather two or three guys you meet that seem friendly, and use the website below to find all of your lawmakers. Proceed to their offices using a map from the capitol info desk, and express your opinion on recent issues and new legislation. Make sure to point out who lives in the legislative district, their opinion matters. If a legislator is out leave your name and opinion.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...hoice=suppress
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast