Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/6/19*****

I think the event went over well. I was happy to once again meet members I ran into last year and meet some new members this year. I would like to thank the gentleman who paid for breakfast, not only did he pay for breakfast but he came along with me and some other members after the rally to help us speak to our reps.

Thankfully my PA Senator, Lisa Baker, was in and very receptive to our concerns. We actually got to sit on a meeting with her and one of the pro 2A groups that was already speaking with her. One of the POOFA members in my group pointed out to me that this angry looking women walking out of her office was a big wig with Cease Fire PA, one of the only anti gunners I saw that day. My representative wasn't available so I had to leave my info with her secretary.

I think the event did have a couple less people inside this year than last year but counting the number of people inside and out, I think we showed good numbers. This year I noticed more pro-2A groups going around afterwards to speak to representatives/senators.

My only regret was not being able to join the pinick afterwards, my PTO is a mess and I had to work 2nd shift after the rally, next year I will take PTO for the day. I love the PAFOA I bought, it actually fits my big melon correctly. However, I regret wearing inside the capital since they didn't have the AC running, I was sweating due to that.

Lastly, I also got to meet Justin who organized the Pittsburgh rally back in January again, he was sharing his thoughts outside the pistol check in awhile after the rally.

I am looking forward to meeting you again, this year I would like to make time for one of the group shoots.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I think the event went over well. I was happy to once again meet members I ran into last year and meet some new members this year. I would like to thank the gentleman who paid for breakfast, not only did he pay for breakfast but he came along with me and some other members after the rally to help us speak to our reps.

Thankfully my PA Senator, Lisa Baker, was in and very receptive to our concerns. We actually got to sit on a meeting with her and one of the pro 2A groups that was already speaking with her. One of the POOFA members in my group pointed out to me that this angry looking women walking out of her office was a big wig with Cease Fire PA, one of the only anti gunners I saw that day. My representative wasn't available so I had to leave my info with her secretary.

I think the event did have a couple less people inside this year than last year but counting the number of people inside and out, I think we showed good numbers. This year I noticed more pro-2A groups going around afterwards to speak to representatives/senators.

My only regret was not being able to join the pinick afterwards, my PTO is a mess and I had to work 2nd shift after the rally, next year I will take PTO for the day. I love the PAFOA I bought, it actually fits my big melon correctly. However, I regret wearing inside the capital since they didn't have the AC running, I was sweating due to that.

Lastly, I also got to meet Justin who organized the Pittsburgh rally back in January again, he was sharing his thoughts outside the pistol check in awhile after the rally.

I am looking forward to meeting you again, this year I would like to make time for one of the group shoots.
    Agree. It really angers me that the Republiclan leadership put out a press release in the afternoon stating they have no intention of impeaching the Pittsburgh mayor. I applaud Rep. Metcalfe for trying to do some good.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It's good to see fresh faces joining the fray, were you the thin, younger guy?
    Well I don’t necessarily feel very young at 41 but I guess that depends on who’s asking lol, I’m tall, dark hair and was wearing the black come and take it shirt. I don’t remember formally meeting anyone with your user name tho. I did meet a lot of guys from the forum tho. I will keep trying my best to keep spending the word, the friend who was with me wasn’t active in gun and politics until I started in on him, now he’s got a nice collection going and is very involved.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by PGRNPA View Post
    Agree. It really angers me that the Republiclan leadership put out a press release in the afternoon stating they have no intention of impeaching the Pittsburgh mayor. I applaud Rep. Metcalfe for trying to do some good.
    I wasn’t aware of that, that upsets me too.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Fayette County)

I wasn’t aware of that, that upsets me too.
    Republican "leadership"? Same wusses who allowed the PA Supreme Court to usurp the authority of the PA General Assembly to do redistricting.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PGRNPA View Post
    What's even the point of having a majority if they literally never do anything with it?

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    What's even the point of having a majority if they literally never do anything with it?
    I don't defend the establishment leadership, but must say that at least having a majority keeps us from being another NJ.

If we had a democrat house & senate, along with Wolf, it is game over.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Clinton County)

Default Re: *****Harrisburg Rally, 5/9/19*****

What does he mean, "Why demonstrators had to be led out of the state house chambers"
    Last edited by Mr_Gixxer; May 8th, 2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

That group was GOA. They seemed to have all of the bases covered and Senator Baker gave us all of the right answers.

Was great chatting with you over breakfast and walking the building with you. Where the heck is Room 210 again!?!? I don't think I could find it again if I tried.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Republican "leadership"? Same wusses who allowed the PA Supreme Court to usurp the authority of the PA General Assembly to do redistricting.
    I assume that came from Speaker Turzai's office. Yep, same wusses.

Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 LastLast